ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me some Headphones

997.1, Caddy, e208
Sooooooooo. Turns out the software update was the issue.

Full reset and update, and they’re sorted.

New tips (I maintain the standard ones are gash), and they’re (what’s that phrase?) a gamechanger. The sound is phenomenal.

For me, the Bose were the peak. These are better, definitely. The Samsung/airpods aren’t bad, but these are just a different class in terms of sound. There’s a level of detail you just don’t get with the competition.
I can stretch to £120 then if they're so good.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A few folk have mentioned the ear tips. What's up with them?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
A few folk have mentioned the ear tips. What's up with them?
Weird foam hybrid things. They seem to fit folks perfectly, or terribly.

Tbf I didn’t get on with them on the xm4’s. In my right ear they’re fine. Left ear, can take a few minutes and several goes to get a seal. Silicone works perfectly, just a shame there’s no wax guard.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Someone said the wax guard was part of the tip or something? They had issues when trying to find the right tip and mentioned the wax guard issue.

997.1, Caddy, e208
My jabras have dropped off a cliff for call quality, probably due to the volume of times they've been machine washed at 40°c.

Looking for something <£150, I don't use them calls too regularly but when I do I want them to work.

I can get the XM4s for that, some airpods for £100, what else is there and where do they rank?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
My jabras have dropped off a cliff for call quality, probably due to the volume of times they've been machine washed at 40°c.

Looking for something <£150, I don't use them calls too regularly but when I do I want them to work.

I can get the XM4s for that, some airpods for £100, what else is there and where do they rank?
What phone?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Buds 2 pro? Watch some reviews they are very good.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I used to Anker wireless ones before my airpods, they were pretty good.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I used to Anker wireless ones before my airpods, they were pretty good.
I’m on my third set of Soundcore (Anker) headphones. They’re excellent. When I say third set, they’re all working fine, just picked up more pairs. Two Q30s and a set of Q35s. The battery lasts forever and they sound on par with far more expensive Sennheisers.

Reactions: Gus

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I’m on my third set of Soundcore (Anker) headphones. They’re excellent. When I say third set, they’re all working fine, just picked up more pairs. Two Q30s and a set of Q35s. The battery lasts forever and they sound on par with far more expensive Sennheisers.
Yeah that's it, the Soundcore ones

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm still using the cable earphones that come with the iPhone, they do me but my Mam has asked me she can get me some Apple earphones, I've never had wifi earphones before, are the apple ones any good or are other brands just as good if not better. Had some sinhausser or what ever they called many years ago and tech has changed a lot since then.

Also i have hightened noise sensory with the Autism, I'm not sure headphones would suit me better for noise cancelation but they are a little more bulky and to carry around , is there more risk of loosing or being stolen headphones over eaprhones or about the same?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm still using the cable earphones that come with the iPhone, they do me but my Mam has asked me she can get me some Apple earphones, I've never had wifi earphones before, are the apple ones any good or are other brands just as good if not better. Had some sinhausser or what ever they called many years ago and tech has changed a lot since then.

Also i have hightened noise sensory with the Autism, I'm not sure headphones would suit me better for noise cancelation but they are a little more bulky and to carry around , is there more risk of loosing or being stolen headphones over eaprhones or about the same?
The noise cancelling on modern buds is more than adequate, certainly not worth (imo) over-ears given the added bulk, especially when carrying.

Pretty much everything is decent (within reason!) at this point. Budget choice the sound core nc4
soundcore by Anker Liberty 4 NC Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds, 98.5% Noise Reduction, Adaptive Noise Cancelling to Ears and Environment, Hi-Res Sound, 50H Battery, Wireless Charging, Bluetooth 5.3 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BZV4QFP8/?tag=cliospnet01-21

But the AirPods Pro 2 are excellent, there available for under £200 online. The new software update that’s coming brings some big improvements (adaptive noise cancelling, conversation mode). They have brilliant noise cancelling, and the best transparency mode (by quite a distance).

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
They are very very good. I am happy.
View attachment 1649342

For whoever asked - the Sony's come with an aeroplane adapter! Nice touch.

View attachment 1649343

They sound brilliant. I would say better than my B&W PX5's ever did, although I found the B&W's easier to use, you could adjust the noise cancelling but hitting a button on the side. Ultimately the bowers noise cancelling was quieter I think however the Sony's feel more natural - I don't wear them and think I'm buried in a coffin.

Should have bought them ages ago!
which model are these, they look alright and how you getting on with them?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
which model are these, they look alright and how you getting on with them?
WH-1000XM4 I use them daily and like them.

Apparently the XM5's are better at phone calls although I've had no one complain with the 4's. Biggest gripe with the newer and more expensive XM5's is that they don't fold as well as the XM4's.

My single annoyance with mine is the touch interface is a bit awkward to use, the B&W had actual buttons for doing things which I preferred but slowly getting used to it.

Sound quality and noise cancelling wise - they are superb (y)

997.1, Caddy, e208
They were my best purchase of the year when I bought them, used them in ITU to block out the noise of the machines. Worth every penny 😃

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
had a look at the price for thoese headsets, a bit more than i thought for my budget. I'll keep those to mind for down the line, i think those Anker earphones might be alright for me and not a bad price too, I had a look on Anker website and cant seem to see the earphones section. Is there a next step up from the 4NC?

what cable is it to charge up the earphones case or the headphones, is it a USB-C?

997.1, Caddy, e208
You can get the xm4s for <£200, which might still be a bit rich I know.
I paid £180 for mine

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i was just going off the Amazon prices for the XM4's, if you could send a link if there's some for -£200. What are they like when wearing glasses, i use a headset for gaming and when i'm wearing glasses they can make a indention of the frame on my face. Got me thinking now which to go for

997.1, Caddy, e208
Oh I mean they’re regularly on sale <£200, I’m not actively looking so don’t know the price currently.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Oh I mean they’re regularly on sale <£200, I’m not actively looking so don’t know the price currently.
ah got ya, no problem. I'll keep an eye out for the price drops, in the ideal world it's best to have both headphones or earphones if you got both and use either depending on the situtation .

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Just ordered a pair of XM4s, as unfortunately my mighty Lindy BNX-60s have fallen apart and I seem to have lost my airpods (no doubt they'll turn up).

Wanted something I could use for work calls/meetings as well as blasting music all day, didn't really want to stretch for XM5s. I don't think I've spent over £100 on headphones ever so these are quite the leap. Can't wait to try them!

997.1, Caddy, e208
I was using mine yesterday, she came into the room and was chatting to me for a couple of minutes and i had no idea.

They are worth every penny for that reason alone.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Bought some XM4s yesterday at the airport. They did have the XM5s too but they were double the price.

Pretty good! Not as comfortable as I’d like, but I’m yet to try the alternate sized buds. The ambient and noise cancelling modes are handy. I haven’t programmed any controls in yet, I’ll probably just do the volume control and that’s it.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Does anyone utilise the EQ with their XM4s?
I've been listening to mostly Indie since I got them with clear bass at +3 and they've been pretty much bang on, however recently been adding some electronic stuff into the mix and finding myself playing around with the EQ a bit more.
Bit of a can of worms tbh, end up fiddling way too much and I ended up just turning the EQ off entirely and listening to them 'how they came'.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Just ordered some Bose QC Earbuds 2 for £160.

But Bose say they may be here in 1-2 weeks.

I need them for a flight on Thursday. Can you return buds if I got some from JL?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Just ordered some Bose QC Earbuds 2 for £160.

But Bose say they may be here in 1-2 weeks.

I need them for a flight on Thursday. Can you return buds if I got some from JL?
I have the version 1s, and they are bloody epic.

Great choice.

Reactions: riz

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Are the Q35s worth it over the Q30?

I’ve got Q30s already but I’ve been using them in the garage so there covered in dirt and grease so fancy a clean pair for inside.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
has anyone got any fake airpod pro 2s? ebay is absolutely rife with them. I really don't want to spend £450 buying the real ones for my kids for them to lose them