ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommendations for timing belts

Clio 182
As above been quoted £600 for the belts and water pump including labour from a family friend with experience doing them before but no paper work. Any where half decent for it near worcester?

Jack

Clio 182
Ok appreciate it! Do you know how much he is charging? Ovbiously water pump is worth while doing but what else needs doing bar the belts?

Clio 182
Ok, the point i’m making is that is it worth having a garage with the paperwork do it or have it done for £250 labour and no real paperwork? Where can i get the parts?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ok, the point i’m making is that is it worth having a garage with the paperwork do it or have it done for £250 labour and no real paperwork? Where can i get the parts?
The preference is to get them done by someone who has experience of the f4r and the correct tools mate. If you have correct paperwork it will stand you in good stead when/if you decide to sell the car as you've got proof of the belts being done

Clio 182
Thanks, i’m sure it’s not tbh however I can’t afford to fork out over £900 this month to have it done at diamond as good as i’m sure they are!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
£900 at Diamond? Looks like it’s £725 with dephaser and water pump now. The rest is optional (so is the water pump tbh).

Clio 182
Yeah i know but from what i’ve been reading its worth having the waterpump done as i’ve got no history for it since 50kish also might as well do the idler with the aux belt - as i said i’m sure Mick does a great job but as I need my car back asap i don’t have the funds sadly.