ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

red clio 200

clio 197
right im close to makin my mind up on a new 200 clio... most of you dont like them but o well...

just cant make my mind up on colour. are there any pictures people could post with a red clio 200 from all views???

would really help make my mind up think it will be a 61 plater...

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
right im close to makin my mind up on a new 200 clio... most of you dont like them but o well...

just cant make my mind up on colour. are there any pictures people could post with a red clio 200 from all views???

I have an 09 glacier white 200 in weds if you want some pics-

Steve

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Red 200s look awesome.

61 plater? As in september 2011?

I think op was refering to the fact he's taking so long to decide, he'll end up with a '61 reg.

Red and black certainly works..

clio 197
oh on clio197.net they pushed me away from the red yest :(

but this has just made me want it sooo much more...

its such a hard decision.

i have a red 197 now with black wheels etc. pretty much going for the same thing...

clioinyork.jpg

3563189801_18f9abf36a_m.jpg

really like the red and black so think i want it again. but i cant get ly and gw out of my mind :(
i was thinking the new storm colour but i think that would be boring, i saw it on a 250 looked nice on that but think on a 200 it wouldnt work maybe a 197.

i was meaning 61 cuz its taking me so long to choose a colour.

it will be the next plate i should think
dont want to rush into things. that pic ^^^^^^^^^ of the red 200 looks really good tho

clio 197
yer but your like i am... i think once you own a red car, red is the colour for everything... :-( i dont even know why im thinking about it. just waiting on a phone call now... think im gunna go for it in red. but not getting the best deal on my car atm... dunno if any1 wants it? (not for free)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
GW 200's look like american reg cars from the 70's/80's. Take a decent car, then shove a wacking great big black plastic bumper on.

WHo cares what people think, let them stay in their older cars.

clio 197
hmmmm i like my cars to be liked... but yer i will go for it either way as i want :)
also looking at a works mini and mk5 r32... and astra vxr nur. but there really all silly cars minus the mini.

Test drove the JCW last week, was lame compared to the 200, i have heard the GP is great.

This was my right up on a mini site.

Hello, i bought a FF clio sport 200 +cup in september, got a great deal, 17.5k list down to 15k before all the reviews etc. Now i have always loved the JCWs and recently i had a bee in my bonnet to look to off load mine in the next 6 months and get the mini.
Before i drove it i had read about all the hype etc, and also they hold their value which is good for me as when i leave home (Im 22 and cant leave my mum due to family issues) i would be able to off load the car and it wouldnt have lost too much unlike the 200.

Anyway i test drove the JCW yesterday and I have to be honest, it was good but it wasnt as good to drive as the 200.
The steering was alot lighter than the 200 even in sport mode and it understeered. It also didnt sound as good as the 200 even tho it is turbo'd which i didnt expect. The ride was alot softer too which i didnt like.
Interior wise well it was not 8k better than the 200 and neither were the seats whcih i found didnt support you enough.

I then said this to the sales man and let him have ago in mine and agreed completely about my points (steering etc).

What the mini does have going for it is non chav image, great resale price and quality image and fantastic MPG (i average about 22 mpg in the 200 as it is NA)also its not a renault.

What it doesnt have is the road connection whcih i have been told the SC'ed GPs had whcih i have never had a go in.

Many mini fans i know say since the new JCWs came out, it has lost its soul which i thinks a bit deep however it doesnt have the fun factor or the ability of the 200. Mini statistics can say what they want about being faster on paper but you really cant throw it around like the renault.

Im not a renault fan boy, just the JCWs isnt all its cracked up to be whcih is a shame.

clio 197
hmm i drive the old jcw every so oftain thats a fun car but its a conv... so not as fast.

i think the r32 is just to grown up for me alough i am starting to do a lot of driving next year so i need something that wont brake and a warrenty but i wont be paying petrol so thats a major + so really i dont care bout the mpg. alough my gf is going to uni next year and need to travel to see her which i will be having to pay for. so i wouldnt want to go below 20mpg.
i love the minis but they are just like the 500 handbags tbh. i have a test drive in a 250 on friday so i will make my mind up hopefully sat
all dependent on the sale of my car or what they offer me to part x it

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Is the steering that different in a 200 compared to a 197? Because the MCS I've driven has vastly better steering than the 197.

Edit: Did you press the sport button?

clio 197
haha i just read that through i just answer my own questions the whole way through it and contradict myself. i really need to think hard about this all i have in my head at the mo is "yellow recaros" "new car" "200" lol

need to think about it money wise

Is the steering that different in a 200 compared to a 197? Because the MCS I've driven has vastly better steering than the 197.

Edit: Did you press the sport button?

Yes dude, was very light, yes the steering is much better imo then the 197 however a 197 cup i think would still be better than the mini in sport mode, again imo. The mini understeered alot i found, i also wasnt a pussy about driving it as the dealer was an ex evo driver and was pushing me on :p

clio 197
i got a mate at renault where i live so hell let me rag it said hed give me a megga long test drive in the 250 and the clio

I met a guy the other day in a press 59 plate meg, said for the money of the meg get a year olf FRS. He said the megs are fun but not as nimble as the clios (obviously) but he said it needed more power.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Every issue of Evo mag raves about the 200,its comes out top against every hot hatch test they run ,no matter what the other cars are! It was in top ten of the best cars of the year as well in Evo. it even stood up to comparison against Ferraris and other exotica!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I went for a ride in one of the current Clio 200's thats being used in this years championship when I did a track day at Brands Hatch in January. It was awesome! I certainly found out a few tips for driving mine round the track.

Yaaa im doing A cadence course next month for a day in the car, should be fab :p
Big up the 200 massive.