ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refurbing 197 wheels - exact colour?

Nimbus Grey 197
Had a guy come out to look at refurbing my wheels last night. Friend of a friend so said he can do each wheel for £30.

Said that they completely re-paint them and then laquer them...i thought they just powdercoated - but then what do i know.

Anyway - he said that the wheels have a lot of metallic in them so he can't guarantee that they will be 100% as they were.......

Has anyone else refurbed their 197 wheels - and what have results been?

Woza.

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
Does refurbing mean kerbing marks are removed and then the alloy is complety repainted as new?

If so, send your mate my way as I wouldn't mind getting 2 alloys for the Corsa refurbed and maybe all 4 painted gloss black............

Nimbus Grey 197
Does refurbing mean kerbing marks are removed and then the alloy is complety repainted as new?

If so, send your mate my way as I wouldn't mind getting 2 alloys for the Corsa refurbed and maybe all 4 painted gloss black............

yes that is what they do. will get in touch.

Barge
I had my R27 wheels refurbed under warranty. They're a slightly different shade of anthracite now, a bit like the Trophy colour, whereas the original R27 alloys were a 'matt' anthracite.

I doubt you'd get a 100% match, but it won't be far off.

Clio 197
It took renault london west 6 attempts to get even close to the original anthracite colour on my wheel...

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
yes that is what they do. will get in touch.

^^^Mint - just send me a PM if the guy fancies doing them.

Also, how long does it take to do, etc? The Corsa has no spare wheel so would all 4 would need to be done at the same time if I got a loan set of wheels or be done 1 at a time if I can only get 1 loan wheen?

Lou

^^^Mint - just send me a PM if the guy fancies doing them.

Also, how long does it take to do, etc? The Corsa has no spare wheel so would all 4 would need to be done at the same time if I got a loan set of wheels or be done 1 at a time if I can only get 1 loan wheen?

Me too as mine are in dire need of a refurb!! Maybe a colour change too!