ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

refurbing alloys

clio 172 cup
right this next week im giving it a go on a knackered alloy ive got and if all goes well ill be doing my cup ones and getting them powder coated. all i need to know is what they use to fill/rebuild the lip thats has come off when i banged the curb ive got the powder and laquer for the coating so just need to know what is used ????

No more clio's for me!
Try and knock the curb mark out mate first, then fill with some metal filler (easy to sand stuff). To get the shape of the rim, use a bit of card or something, rub it across the rim on a none curb area and then sweep it across the filler (before it hardens) makes the sanding a that a lot easier!!! :)

clio 172 cup
ok cheers im hoping the chemical bath at wrk will take most of the paint off so i dont have to spend weeks sanding but thats why im trying on a spare alloy first