ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reluctor Ring

Partner's Astra SRi
Following on from this thread
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=485836

My car was in the garage today. Back brakes had a slow leak fixed and drums cleaned up.

The front brakes however weren't fixed as they weren't able to get the part. The culprit is a hairline fracture in the nearside reluctor ring. I'd never even heard of it... :S woman fail?

Anyway, the guy (family friend) told me to have a look for one on the internet. So, just before I go looking everywhere (probably unsuccessfully) for one, any ideas? Where to look for one? How much it'll cost?

306 GTI-6
ABS ring. Its the toothed ring that the abs sensor points at.

When one of mine developed a crack, abs would kick in all the time when braking.

Not sure if its available as replacment part for the 1.2 or not. I know when mine went on my 1.6 it ws new driveshaft time, as although you can buy the rings seprate (from the RS models) fitting one to an old driveshaft is nearly impossible to do, as they are an interference fit, and so with an older, slightly corroded driveshaft, the fit wont be good, or last very long.

\/ \/ Need to make sure it has the correct amount of teeth, and you also need to make sure it is possible to have it changed. As it could be £24.00 wasted.

Part number from Renault:

92136096nv7.gif

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia vRS
if it has 26 teeth you can get em from Renault, cant remember the full part number but it ends in '344', however its not listed on the system so not every dealer will know it exists but we have sold a fair few, ~£24 IIRC

Partner's Astra SRi
I think it has 26...I don't think it has 44. I'm just trying to remember what it looked like, it was a few hours ago now!!

Trouble with getting it from Renault is that I'm boycotting my local Renault garage after the shoddy work they did to my car...plus I sent them a VERY snotty letter so don't want to show my face.

Partner's Astra SRi
Thanks for the PM Paul and thanks for the info above. Nathan (the garage guy) did say if I took the car to Renault then they'd say it was new driveshaft time but if I could get the ring then he'd fit it for me.