ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

remap with v-power in the tank

BMW 330cd
Noob question, Booked my car in with k-tec for a live remap on the rollers and itg filter. I asked for 99 ron map as for the last 5 years thats all that has been used. Bloke on the phone said because it's not a generic map and will be a custom map it doesn't matter... Does that mean because it has v-power when it comes to mapping it will be mapped in?? This also might be useful for anyone else getting a custom remap and would like to know, i would've thought it will be mapped on 99 ron??

BMW 330cd
lol i know what he meant but i don't have a laptop and i'd prefer a live map because i have other mods you see.

If it's "live mapped" it will be mapped to suit the engine exactly as it is running on that particular day. I.e. if there's 99 RON in the tank then it will be mapped to suit 99 RON.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Some people prefer certain tuners and they have their reasons... I'm not getting involved there but regarding your actual question yes, as you're running a 99ron the cars ignition and fuelling will be optermised based on that.

That being said you will still be able to run the car on a 95ron but it won't feel as good to drive.

Mick

BMW 330cd
Finally an answer i was looking for, thanks lads now can anyone recommend me a place to get a decent remap in the south other than k-tec?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Map it with what ever fuel you usually run it on.

no point mapping it for vpower when you usually run it on tescos 95

​that's an example, I'm not saying that's what you do

BMW 330cd
Basically I want a map custom to my engine with the mods I have, after all no one engine is the same. I have spoken to k tec because they are close and said it will be a custom map. But doing some research on the net people are saying that they use rs tuning maps and I can't help but think they are telling me what I want to hear to sales. If the map is not a custom then my specific mods won't benefit from the map correct?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I've just had mine done at RS Tuning in Leeds, couldn't recommend Paul enough. He was great. Very pleased with the results.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
What mods do you have? If you are happy to use KTec then do it, it's your car and your money.

Passat
A map specific to your car is bound to be better than an off the shelf program. It's all about who you trust I guess. K-Tec have a reputation for ripping people off, though I don't know anything specifically about their maps. I'll be getting mine done in the next month and I'm going to RS Tuning...but they are only 5 mins away.

BMW 330cd
This is the thing I don't know if I am happy to use k tec after want I have been reading. If it is a genuine custom remap to my engine I don't mind, I just don't think it will be. I have itg filter, k tec stealth super sports cat back and matched inlets and v-power for the last few years, I don't think a pre made map will benefit my mods.

Passat
This is the thing I don't know if I am happy to use k tec after want I have been reading. If it is a genuine custom remap to my engine I don't mind, I just don't think it will be. I have itg filter, k tec stealth super sports cat back and matched inlets and v-power for the last few years, I don't think a pre made map will benefit my mods.

Hang fire on it then pal. People up my way know and trust RS Tuning. There will be somebody down your way that are good and trusted. Just ask your area rep or one of the regular posters. They might even say K-Tec are great...I just know that they massively overcharge for parts.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
The issue with KTEC was down to shoddy maps rather than using off the shelf maps. If Chip is around he might explain what the issues were as he first handedly seen the issues.

From what I've read I'd be going to see Paul at RSTuning, seems to be the no.1 choice for Clios.

monaco 172
To be faire mate with those mods I don't think ull notice the difference between a map done on the rolling road vs one done by a off the shelf rs tuner map

BMW 330cd
The price for the mapping is a fair price cheaper than rs tuning in fact, it's not the price I'm worrying about its the quality of the map and getting the map to work best for my mods.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
If you want a live map, RSTuning or nothing IMO! Otherwise RSTuner, you will barely even notice the difference between a RSTuner map and a custom map anyway with just basic breather mods.

BMW 330cd
I know the mods I have won't give me bugger all power but I think with the best possible map I'll get the best out of them. I may just have to treck it up to rst.

RB Clio 182
How much is a map at rs tuning by the way?

This is where i will be going if i dont bother with the rstuner.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
If it's that important you get a custom map to your engine then surely a trip up to Leeds (or anywhere else for that matter) is no big deal? I'd happily drive a few hundred miles for peace of mind.

Clio 182 trophy
Ive had no problems with KTEC or mates that ave used them. The way they work (i think) is that they put one of 3 maps on your car then tweak it about to gain the best from your engine. My car is running 194.3bhp with similar mods to you and slightly more. Some people are going to moan that mine wont make that power with them mods, but f**k them i have proof and would recommend KTEC all day everyday. The service from martin and the lads down there has been very good, im sure if you have any problems with them they will certainly help you out as they have a big reputation and wouldnt like to ruin it. :)

My advice would be try and source a better tuning company or better still go the rstuner route.

also not really any performance gains, it's all about the cold start really i've seen a car with RS-tuner and it was basically average STANDARD figures

Ive had no problems with KTEC or mates that ave used them. The way they work (i think) is that they put one of 3 maps on your car then tweak it about to gain the best from your engine. My car is running 194.3bhp with similar mods to you and slightly more. Some people are going to moan that mine wont make that power with them mods, but f**k them i have proof and would recommend KTEC all day everyday. The service from martin and the lads down there has been very good, im sure if you have any problems with them they will certainly help you out as they have a big reputation and wouldnt like to ruin it. :)

Unless thats on bodies/ RS2 or similar not a chance.!!! You have been well and truley bummed.:)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Seriously, can we just have one thread with KTec mentioned in it that doesn't skew off into a "they're s**t" and "do not use them" thread?

I don't care either way, I've no connection to them as a business but it makes the club look a little childish with the constant same old same old crap. The threads are out there to be searched so if the OP doesn't care to do homework then its up to him.

Wilson, take it to Michael Woodford Motorsport. He's just up the M3 from you and I would highly recommend him as would a lot of people on the forum! He's down on here as Michael Woodford MST on here.

Passat
Seriously, can we just have one thread with KTec mentioned in it that doesn't skew off into a "they're s**t" and "do not use them" thread?

I don't care either way, I've no connection to them as a business but it makes the club look a little childish with the constant same old same old crap. The threads are out there to be searched so if the OP doesn't care to do homework then its up to him.

Hes asked for advice mate. They're not completely s**t, but they do overcharge. It's bound to come up whenever people ask about them.