ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remove Paint From Wings And Bumper

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Anyone know the best way to strip paint off the bumper and wings? Looking to go back to bare plastic, have used a jet wash on some of the easier bits but thinking of using acetone or something on the rest. Will this damage the plastic?

20240223_135238.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Why did you use a pressure washer 😂😂😂

If the paint was okay why didn't you just scotch pad it?

I'd be using a paint stripper now.

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I want all the paint off it and the pressure washer was easiest but didn't get it all off. Scotch pad would have taken ages.

Worried stripper might damage the plastic?

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Don't use paint stripper. Paint stripper usually has methylene chloride which attacks most plastics too. Acetone won't normally remove 2k paint but if it has been sprayed with cellulose it might.

You could have the annoying bits soda blast perhaps or just get busy with a scotch pad.

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Doing an entire front bumper with a scotch pad would be a pain in the arse. Was hoping there was an easy way

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Lol its a pretty basic karcher, the paint on that particular wing was already cracked in places. Wish the rest would come off like that