ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removed my washer bottle - likely leak areas?

Clio 197
After wrestling with my wipers etc last night i finally managed to remove my washer bottle after i noticed it seems to loose the majority of the fluid within a few days, but keep a small amount in the bottom.

Removed it (kept the pipes attached as to not disturb them) and filled it with water and left it overnight, checked this morning and the water is still there. This is weird as when i have filled up in the past its only stayed at the max level for a few minutes before the level slowly drops.

I am pretty sure its not my washer jets leaking as i have not seen any evidence of this.

I wonder if its only leaking when the washer jets are in operation? I will have another look tonight but is there anything obvious i have missed checking?

​Thanks

Clio 197
Cheers, I removed it earlier tonight and brought it inside to clean it up, and resealed the pump o rings , i then refilled it and the level was static at the max!

Turned then xenons on and sprayed the wipers to check operation, as soon as I switched them off the passenger side headlight washer was streaming and hence the problem .

Ordered some new valves and will fit them over the weekend. Hopefully this issue will be sorted soon :)

RB clio 182
My headlight washers dont even work :(

You can here the windscreen pump working fine but over that you can here an on off sound from the other pump :(

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
My headlight washers dont even work :(

You can here the windscreen pump working fine but over that you can here an on off sound from the other pump :(

My headlight pump works, the jets are so clogged with crap they won't spray though.
not long replaced my washer bottle (may have left 100% water in it over winter - doh!)
so tested the pumps at the same time.

Clio 182 arctic
Cheers, I removed it earlier tonight and brought it inside to clean it up, and resealed the pump o rings , i then refilled it and the level was static at the max!

Turned then xenons on and sprayed the wipers to check operation, as soon as I switched them off the passenger side headlight washer was streaming and hence the problem .

Ordered some new valves and will fit them over the weekend. Hopefully this issue will be sorted soon :)
Do the non return valves seem to have fixed the problem. I had the same issue, couple of quid from halfords and its going strong 2 years later.