ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing centre console MK3

MK3 PH2 1.2
Hey,

I don't know if there is already a thread for this I have searched lol. Just wondering if any one knows how to remove the centre console where the head unit is and controls for the vents. Didn't know if it's just pull off or held in by screws.

Smolex

Mk3 Clio
Its just clipped in mate, I removed my head unit first when removing mine. Then i just pried it out with a trim tool (but a flat blade screwdriver will work too, just be careful) I started to pry from the top of the console just under the centre vents and once the top two clips are out, u can get ure hands in to pull the rest out ( I think theres about 6 in total)

When refitting it start from the bottom up as you will need to get the bottom into the sides of the dash in the footwell, u will see what i meen when u come to refit, then just work ure way up.

Job Done, I hope this helps

What you planning todo anyway?

MK3 PH2 1.2
THANK YOU!!! Been looking all over ! haha, sounds simple enough ill just take my time not to break anything lol.

I'm going carbon fibre wrap it and do the strips above the glove box and all the way along too.

Mk3 Clio
Here you go, sorry about the piss poor iphone quality:

205724_10150164145746009_528501008_6710207_6492266_n.jpg

MK3 PH2 1.2
Here you go, sorry about the piss poor iphone quality:

205724_10150164145746009_528501008_6710207_6492266_n.jpg

Thank you! That look mint! With the circles where the vent controls are did you find it hard to not let it like gather, cause when i did the strips above my glove box when i got to the ends had to do a lot of of little cuts lol to make it fit round or is that me being quite backwards how I've done it lol

Mk3 Clio
Thank you! That look mint! With the circles where the vent controls are did you find it hard to not let it like gather, cause when i did the strips above my glove box when i got to the ends had to do a lot of of little cuts lol to make it fit round or is that me being quite backwards how I've done it lol

Cheers mate, Ive had quite abit of experience with vinyl wrapping so wasnt to difficult to be honest, you just need to be patient. When it come to the curves just take you time and heat it up with a heat gun/hairdryer and begin to slowly stretch it.

It might be worth checkin out some youtube vids as they help me from time to time, just have a search for '3M Di-noc carbon fibre' and theres tones of fitting vids on there.

Hope that helps

197 & bag o'shit Vxh
Hi, I've a 197 and I want to know how to remove the interior air vents? I want to have them painted you see. Anyone know?

Cheers

Sam

MK3 PH2 1.2
Hi, I've a 197 and I want to know how to remove the interior air vents? I want to have them painted you see. Anyone know?

Cheers

Sam

Be careful, they just pop out, don't use a screw driver or anythign like that cause you can indent them and scratch. Use a plastic card eg credit card, bank card, clio sport membership card ;)

Hi,

Managed to do the dash strips and air vents, but struggling to do the centre console. I manage to do the control circles but when the vinyl is folded over the curve half way down the sides start to crease :S Whats the best way to make the middle fold or whats the best way of applying it?

Atb
EdR