ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Crayon from car bodywork

Clio 172 Cup
Hi all

I had a chalkboard bonnet on the car as a temporary fix. But thinking he was all funny, the dumbass neighbour decided to be an ass one night and drew on the car in crayon (rather than chalk...), so he had written on the bonnet and wing "yerr boyyxx" which makes me look stupid.

This now creates the words constantly appearing whenever the car parts get wet as crayon is waterproof. I am aware that I can sand/respray the chalk parts but how can I get this off the wing?

Cheers

Not sure I quite understand here, chap. Are you trying to get crayon off paint work, or off the chalk?
If the former, something that dissolves the wax that crayons are made of, e.g. tar remover such as ObliTARate or Tardis. Failing that, it will hand polish out with something as simple as SuperResinPolish from AutoGlym, or AutoFinesse Tripple.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
am I right in thinking you have crayon on the chalk board / matt paint on the bonnet? As said a tar remover is where I'd start, or a strong all purpose cleaner.

Clio 172 Cup
Bit of both, you know in the area above the headlight on the bonnet (which has matte paint/chalkboard) and then overlapping onto the wing next to it. (Mainly on bonnet).

I looked at a few things like hot water/ a hairdrier to heat up the wax and then wipe it away.

Bit of both, you know in the area above the headlight on the bonnet (which has matte paint/chalkboard) and then overlapping onto the wing next to it. (Mainly on bonnet).

I looked at a few things like hot water/ a hairdrier to heat up the wax and then wipe it away.
A tar and glue remover will melt it by use of chemicals, rather than heat, so should work. But as said, failing that, you can polish the wing.

BG Clio 182
I'll give it a try then Thanks! If it removes the waterproof trace that would be brilliant
It 100% will. Polish will too. It's only wax which is what you put on a car anyway which polish and tar remover removes so it'll work. Clay bar might get some stubborn stuff off but it'll probably inflict marks anyway so you'll need to polish those out afterwards