ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing my metal tyre caps

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
I've got an issue. My tyre has gone flat and I can't get the valve cap off to pump it up. If I can't get it off the only other option is to jack it up and get the inner tube replaced. [Tyre might be flat due to standing for a week] Any advice on getting it off? I've tried pliers, and a lot of force and nothing!.

Kind of a joke as everyone other one comes off just from turning with my hand.

FF Clio 182
Soak in WD40 and the get a pair if mole grips on it! This is the brute force method but make sure you have a spare just incase you rip out the valve.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Inner tube ? Are we back in the 1970s ?? Obviously if your tyres gone flat in a week of being left standing you've got a puncture . Just take it to a tyre fitters and for about 8 quid they'll sort it .

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
If you can't get the valve the cap off the valve just take the wheel off and go to a garage. They will put a new valve on in no time.

RB 182 Cup
A mate of mine had a set of metal Lotus badged caps on his Esprit. After being parked up for winter all 4 had seized on, no amount of WD and brute force could remove without the risk of ripping the valve out of the wheel and stranding his car.

New valves all round at tyre dealer and a lovely set of plastic caps!

182 Cup
Metal tyre cap valves are fcuking crap! My dad had a pair that seized on, completley mullered the valves getting them off!

2 different metals don't mix well especially in that area!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I know its too late now, but for future reference put anti seize on the inside of the caps to help it. The cheap metals tend to seize all too easily in the crap weather.