ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing stripes

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I guess this is the best place for this thread.

I am tempted to remove the stripes from my Mini. What are the chances that the paint has faded and underneath the stripes will look a bit odd? They are only on the bonnet, and the paint is gray so doesn't really show defects. Will it be okay?

STEALTH RAIDER
If anything, the paint under the vinyl should be in better condition than the exposed paint. Only thing id check up on is that the stripes havent been laquered over from factory as ive seen a few on fiesta st's which leaves the outline of the stripe and can only be wetsanded out. I dont think bmw do this so your best bet is to peel a little bit back, bit of tar and glue remover on the outline of the sticker. This might not remove the outline due to exposure to all weather so a bit of polish might be needed to rub the line out. If It disappears then whip them off! ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hair dryer first, get them really warm. It will make your life a lot easier.