ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing wrap off roof

right i need help!!!!
as most of you know my 182 has got a green roof wrap that i had done as a dare when i first got the car.now though i want to remove it as its going back to totally standard im getting too old for loudness and brightness!
my question is whats the safest way to get the bugger off without using a wallpaper scraper???!!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If its a good quality vinyl, it should come straight off with a heat gun and hardly any tar/glue remover.

The key is to get it all nice and warm using the heat gun and even leaving the car running for an hour with all the heaters on full whack.

If its all warm (not boiling hot!) and you don't rush it, it will come off easy.

Civic Type R FN2
As above really, get it nice and warm with a heat gun (or your mums hairdryer), and it'll come off in nice pieces. Don't burn the rubber above the windscreen!

I've seen some horror stories, removing a roof wrap and taking all the lacquer off with it. Not a pretty sight! I'm sure you'll do fine though, get it warm then you don't need to pull at it hard at all.