ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault can go swing !!!!

MK2 CLIO 172
just in case anyone else has the same problem on there 172 ....

revs sticking at 2000rpm .... and the car trying to drive itself :S

if u need to change the thottle pot....

the black plastic bit on the side of the thottle body with a 4 pin wire going to it ..

DON'T but a complete throttle body from renault for £200 + vat

get one from the lesser model

fits like a glove and only costs £30.... :rasp:

even has the same part NO. on the back !!!!!!

Mazda 323f 2.0 sport
my old r19 16v started accelerating hard one day,i thought what the f**k,it was a frayed throttle cable lol, throttle pots,all modern now.

www.renparts.co.uk
if its the same part number the price can't be different. I could appreciate it might be a different part number and still work but it won't be the same part number and a different price.

MK2 CLIO 172
the cheaper one does'nt come with a throttle body..

which u dont need anyway...

u just need the throttle pot ...

or a cable like the other guy did :)

it was just to let others know in case they buy it from renault..

makes sense to save the money don't u think..

P.s i've since discovered that it will only work on really early 172's as the newer shape ones thottle pop is a sealed unit and can't be unscrewed from the throttle body ... :S

my car had this problem 2 weeks ago, it was fixed for a mear £25. my accelerator cable sheared. The car was revving up like crazy, even though i had no foot on the accelerator and then it was driving itself it all gears without stalling..