ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v Renault Dynamique

1.2 16v Renault Clio
Hiii,
Im new to this forum, Im from Essex (Canvey Island), Im 17 and just baught myself a renault clio :)..
First car and as useual i need to modify it!

2ir2jwh.jpg

This was the car when i first brought it, Full standard with no modifications to it.

First day i passed, i crashed the car, slid out into side of a curb, needed new wishbone, new 2 front wheels and some tyres replaced. So at the moment i have 2 spare wheels at front :(!

So far what ive done:
K&N Intro Kit 57i
Custom Full Stainless steel exhaust (Cat back, ) PipeCraft in basildon made it for me
4 mTx door speakers
2 mTx tweeters
1 mTx 1030w amp
Alpine stereo
Mutant 800w sub ( got for free )
Rip speed gear knob (Halfords)
Rip speed pedals (Halfords)
Tinted windows

What im going to do:
New alloy's (Still waiting till im a better driver so i dont curb them up)
Renault mud flaps at the back
Lower it
Renault badges, calipers, 16v all painted green
interior green bulbs

Thinking about:
Body kit, not one what stands out too much tho
Grill
rear spacers

I will take some pictures of the car as it is now, and upload them asap, the exhaust looks sweet, air filter didnt do much at all :p.. but hopefully this week i can get around to spraying the badges once this snow stops !!

Thanks for reading, Alfie:p

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
i wouldn't spend any hard-earned on any form of aftermarket fibreglass half arsed Halfords bodykit shite, if i were you i'd invest in a ph3 front bumper and colour code all the rubstrips.

Avoid mudflaps too, unless they're subtle

1.2 16v Renault Clio
Silvervisions, ill get some :D thanks,
and just been outside, had to take airbag moduel out to get new one from my crash.. also fixed the seat from going forward or back (passenger) the bar come off. and had a good hooverrr :D..

ps.. not sure about getting body kit dont wana spend too much in buying one and getting it sprayed only hopeing to keep the car for 2yrs then upgrade to bigger L car

1.2 16v Renault Clio
Yeh lots to do, was going to take some pictures now but relised its too dark outside, ill take some shots tommorow :)

Also, i wanted to change my cigarette lighter because mines all rusted and dull, Auto care down my town sell illuminated green ciggy lighter for £5, (red posi, black negi wires).. the original wires ive disconnected from my ciggy lighter are Brown, Blue and a Yellow/Red Wires.. anyone got a clue which one is live and earth(negi)? i dont have a multimeter to check ither :(

Dont do any mods yet, just browse on here for a few months and get some ideas, bit of mix n match ;) honestly though dont body kit it or get 17" alloys etc just keep it smart and dont spend too much on it :)

1.2 16v Renault Clio
Dont do any mods yet, just browse on here for a few months and get some ideas, bit of mix n match ;) honestly though dont body kit it or get 17" alloys etc just keep it smart and dont spend too much on it :)

Yehh wise comment :) i wont be putting body kit on, and i will have some wheels tho,

yuupp ima take some pictures today of the car so far start of next week ima get spraying and cleaning :) but il take pics in stages..

i been driving for bout 1-2months now ive had no more near crashes so hope it all goes well (touch wood) ..and i havent told my insurance company about exhaust or air filter my insurance is allredi £3000 a year :/

i been driving for bout 1-2months now ive had no more near crashes so hope it all goes well (touch wood) ..and i havent told my insurance company about exhaust or air filter my insurance is allredi £3000 a year :/
Don't be hoping to claim on insurance then - as it'll be void if you need to.

That is steep :( ive just bought some 172 alloys for mine, they are cheap and do the job you can get them in the for sale section quite often (only cliosport members can look in there, only a tenner ;).

1.2 16v Renault Clio
Yeh ina i drive safe, anyways im guna take some pictures ina sec, i keep falling to sleep cuz its so god damn boring :(

Yozz'd up 182
i havent told my insurance company about exhaust or air filter my insurance is allredi £3000 a year :/

Sorry but this is stupid. Not only would you not be covered yourself but if you hit anyone else its likely your insurance wont pay out for the damage youve done to their car!

1.2 16v Renault Clio
Update :
Pictures of the very clean car >.< Fail!.. I hate this snow sometimes ...
zummau.jpg
Under the bonet, as you can see very clean.. lol Jokes, i need to spend some time cleaning it hard when its pitch black after collage..
2qtepza.gif
Custom Exhaust from Pipecraft in Basildon £290 cat back, very nice sound :D
atn33b.jpg
Full Mtx speakers, Alpine CDA-9887R stereo, Mutant 800w Sub(got for free) .. very loud system :D

nqwzmf.jpg
My mates old clio a few years ago, im aiming to get same colour badges, anyone know what the wheels are, they look very nice :D

More pictures to come when ive done moreee

1.2 16v Renault Clio
Update;
Primer & Metallic custom green paint bought, both back/front Renault badge sprayed, 16v badges sprayed, Clio badge at back sprayed. Will post pictures tomorrow when its light outside.

-Alf :D

phase 1 Clio 172
If you crash without declaring all your mods and the insurance company don't pay out as your an uninsured driver, i would be more worried about your kneecaps after they are smashed off by the person you hit!

1.2 16v Renault Clio
maybbe soon i will when ive got more money, my insurance is allredi £330, i dont wana know how much its guna be when i tell them. im not a nutty driver, i put the music on and chill doing the legal limits. i dont drink or drive or nothing so.. i think i will be ok.

182 FF
maybbe soon i will when ive got more money, my insurance is allredi £330, i dont wana know how much its guna be when i tell them. im not a nutty driver, i put the music on and chill doing the legal limits. i dont drink or drive or nothing so.. i think i will be ok.

But its not just you on the road ;)

1.2 16v Renault Clio
i know mate :) i will proberly sort the issue out in the new year, but everyone go back to the car! any ideas on nice cheap mods?

To do:
Rear mud flap
lower it
silvervisions
xexon bulbs
sponsor stickers going up the side rear window's neatly.

alsooo, had an idea.. i got 2 steelieee wheels on front, so im guna spray them green tommorow, if it looks good ill go for full green steels all round but atm guna test it see if it matches the car.

any idea's on getting more bhp?
i know its a 1.2 but its just better no complainging please :D
eg. change spark plugs, leads? remap(or isit a waste of time? ) ... hmm, redex or similer stuff?

let your idea's go wild

thannkss
-alf

Sponsor stickers will look really gay (sorry)

Why are you keeping the steelies? Save up and get some pretty wheels, they are interchangeable should you come to sell the car aswell.

As for bhp, no point polishing a turd, I have a 1.4 and am not doing any performance mods at all, waste of time and money that can be put towards affording sport insurance :L

Edit: Your insurance is £330? and you're 17??? Is your mum or dad on there as main driver or something?

1.2 16v Renault Clio
My insurance is £330 a month.. over £3000 a year. On third party fire and theft. and no im on my own insurance because im getting my no year claims up,
i like sponsor stickers tbh :) and yeh ina im waiting till im better driver till i buy decent wheels dont wana curb them like ive allredi said :) but i sprayed them green anyways haha

As simon said above stickers are gay no point in performance lower it smart set of wheels some coulor coding get your no clams then let your ideas go mad,but it your car, i reckon steelies green look different but it may look tacky. but it your car you drive build it to how you want it too look

What exactly do you mean by sponsor stickers going up the window? like sparco etc

As for bhp leave it. and redex wont give more bhp but cleans the fuel system.

you got any pics of the green wheels?

1.2 16v Renault Clio
lol i sprayed 2 front wheels, i will go take some pictures in about 30minuets.. my cars still horrible nd dirty from this snow..

PS!!!!!!: ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE 3 CIGARETTE LIGHTER LEADS DO? i wana change my ciggy lighter to illuminated green one which has red/black but my old one had 3 leads i have no clue what they are i dont have a multimeter.

1.2 clio dynamique
Update;
Primer & Metallic custom green paint bought, both back/front Renault badge sprayed, 16v badges sprayed, Clio badge at back sprayed. Will post pictures tomorrow when its light outside.

-Alf :D

Hey man! have you sprayed your badges yet? really wanna do mine, could do with some tips especially with the side 16v badge, thanks

lol i sprayed 2 front wheels, i will go take some pictures in about 30minuets.. my cars still horrible nd dirty from this snow..

PS!!!!!!: ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE 3 CIGARETTE LIGHTER LEADS DO? i wana change my ciggy lighter to illuminated green one which has red/black but my old one had 3 leads i have no clue what they are i dont have a multimeter.

Black is negative, blue is positive and the red/yellow one is Im guessing for the heat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.2 16v Renault Clio
Hey i have sprayed my badges green :) got some new team dynamic alloys 15" they look really nice :)
i will take some pictures soon to show you the badges they come out really well,

Okay thanks for that Simon what would i do with the red/yellow one then? The new lighter only had posi/negi

-Thanks

Hey i have sprayed my badges green :) got some new team dynamic alloys 15" they look really nice :)
i will take some pictures soon to show you the badges they come out really well,

Okay thanks for that Simon what would i do with the red/yellow one then? The new lighter only had posi/negi

-Thanks

No idea mate, I just have some led's wired into there and only use the blue and black one, not really sure what the other does, try without it

Slow red one
My insurance is £330 a month.. over £3000 a year. On third party fire and theft. and no im on my own insurance because im getting my no year claims up,
i like sponsor stickers tbh :) and yeh ina im waiting till im better driver till i buy decent wheels dont wana curb them like ive allredi said :) but i sprayed them green anyways haha
£330 a month! f**k!