ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 1.2 Dynamique, what mods?

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
Big day today! picked up my first car, a 2004 Clio Dynamique :)
heres some pictures of the beauty!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

i was just wondering what you lot thought about modifications, im thinking about spraying the standard alloys black (renault badges bright blue) bright blue renault badges front and back, lowered 40mm front and back & an oval back box. does any recommend angel eye head lights, LED rear light or a sports grille? any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :D thanks alot :)

Last edited:
  Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Lower 40mm or get some coilovers (Rokkor £160), RS Grille, K-tec exhaust system.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Should've bought the red one ;) but that's me being biased ha. Plans sound good, wouldn't get the angel eyes, LEDs or oval backbox like, get a slash cut one recessed into the bumper for win... Keep it updated dude :D

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Well its an 05 onwards car as its a ph3!

Lower it on coilovers so theres no arch gap, keep 15's but get low profile tyres and it wil be mint.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I have a weird feeling it's my missus' old car that she part-exchanged for the 133.

Same dealer, same model, same colour, same odd tyres on the back. :eek:

BG 182
Coilovers (cheap ones) black badges, RS grille and spray the alloys (not gloss black!).

Nice car btw :)..

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
Lower 40mm or get some coilovers (Rokkor £160), RS Grille, K-tec exhaust system.

i reckon ill go for some coilovers, RS grille definetly on the list. as for the K-tec exhaust, i dont know if my budget will stretch to that atm. maybe one day ;)

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
Should've bought the red one ;) but that's me being biased ha. Plans sound good, wouldn't get the angel eyes, LEDs or oval backbox like, get a slash cut one recessed into the bumper for win... Keep it updated dude :D

i had a look at it but wasnt in as good condition as mine :) what you think to smoking the front and rear lights? or just leaving them alone :) slash cut exhaust set into the bumper would look great! ill keep it mind thanks :D ill keep this updated so keep an eye on it :)

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
Well its an 05 onwards car as its a ph3!

Lower it on coilovers so theres no arch gap, keep 15's but get low profile tyres and it wil be mint.

its a 53 plate :) yeah i think im going to go down the coilover route, they worth it? :)

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
Coilovers (cheap ones) black badges, RS grille and spray the alloys (not gloss black!).

Nice car btw :)..

coilovers it is :D i was thinking about doing my badges bright blue (abit different to others) then doing the callipers in the same colour, what you think? reckon i should go for the safe black option?
RS grille is defiently on the list :) what colour alloys? i was thinking a graphite colour?
thanks alot mate :D

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
anyone know where i can get cheap coilovers and a RS grille from? :) thanks.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Exhaust pap, painting the badges pap, all you need to do is coilovers n lower profile tyres you dont need to do anything else FACT

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'd be getting a decent set of tyres on it and then leaving it as is. They are nice enough cars as they are. Flat blade wipers and an AUX input were the only mods I did to my 1.2 when I had it.

Fabia VRS
40mm lowering springs (cost about 40 quid to put on insurance)
paint badges and mirrors
172 alloys painted in white

just pick and chose your colour tbh, everything has been done to clio's just chose which way you like and go with it

thats mine V

4.jpg

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
paint badges and mirrors

just pick and chose your colour tbh, everything has been done to clio's just chose which way you like and go with it

thats mine V

4.jpg

is that £40 for a 17 year old though? :)
id love coilovers but i dont think insurance will like it, so might have to be a 40mm drop
mate, the white on black looks quality. are those the wheels that come on the dynamique or are those 172's?

chumpmobile
on my insurance i have no choice on insurance, it is either suspension changes (which takes it up to 6k) or nothing?

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
I'd be getting a decent set of tyres on it and then leaving it as is. They are nice enough cars as they are. Flat blade wipers and an AUX input were the only mods I did to my 1.2 when I had it.

yeah im definatly going to get some tyres sorted, then painting the badges and going to drop her 40mm :)

Fabia VRS
i just rang up my insurance comp and was like i got my car lowered by 40mm how much is that ?
woman just went 38. summin and that was that

and yeah got it done when i was 17 now 18 :)

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
thats great! definatly going to get her lowered :D
painting diamonds either black or blue
painting the wheels graphite or white? opinions :)
going to colour code at some point
might be getting some angel eyes of a guy on here so ill give them a go, get some HIDS too :)
and cant forget the fluffy dice from my girlfriends mum ;)
clean, simple, low and effectives the plan! :)

1.2 16v clio
Deck it. Don't buy 40mm springs, they're pointless.

Agree with this...I dropped mine 60mm and wished I bought coilovers, dropping it 40mm although sounds a lot becuase the standard ride height is high, is actually next to nothing looks wise.

Dropped 60mm the tops of the tyres are just where the arches start (I have standard 15" alloys like yours)

- Exhaust,
- RS Grille,
- Colour code the bumpers

TGB

15' Clio Cup/4Series
Got my exhaust on
Tinted rear lights (I love haters)
French pressed plates
Got some lenso bsx on
And coilovers on the way to slam her
Gonna de-badge, de-lock and de-wiper the boot
Smooth the front grill and Renault badge out, so it's all part off the bonnet and smooth the fogs out
In the middle of stripping the back out, false floor being put in with 5 subs and a hell of alot of wattage :)

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
paint badges and mirrors

thats mine V

4.jpg

That looks mint! I am defiantly considering doing my 172 wheels in White.

coilovers it is :D i was thinking about doing my badges bright blue (abit different to others) then doing the callipers in the same colour, what you think? reckon i should go for the safe black option?
RS grille is defiently on the list :) what colour alloys? i was thinking a graphite colour?
thanks alot mate :D

Hey bud, I did mine in carbon fiber red and looks great! Dont go with black, everyone has it.