ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 3 Grand Tour issues with cruise control and windshield wipers

Renault Clio 3
Hey y'all,

First post - I was curious if anyone is familiar with any of these problems and knows a possible fix. There are 2 problems with my 'new' car: Renault Clio Grand Tour from 2008.
  1. The windshield wipers sometimes don't work after using it on 2 (fastest setting) until I turn the cars' lights off and on again. They'll occasionally also keep on running for a while after I've turned them off..
  2. The cruise control works but only shifts up (increasing speed) using the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel. Anytime I try to shift down/decrease speed it tells me to 'check the regulator'/cruise control. It'll only work after I turn CC off and on again using the button on the left side dashboard (cruise control and speed limiter).

Set speed and turn off cruise control on the ride side of the steering wheel work fine.

3. Fixed for now but might tie into the problems I'm having: the display would flicker anytime I would use the indicator lights. It doesn't do that anymore
I'm not a mechanic but I think there might be something wrong with the wiring harness as all the issues seem to be related to parts going through the steering column. I've tried disconnecting the car battery terminal for a reset but that didn't do anything.

Any thoughts? Appreciate it!