ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio RS 200

Renault Clio RS 200
Hi I'm new to Cliosport and thought I'd show everyone what I've just bought!

I bought a Clio RS 200 today in black with renault I.d interior which was one of the reasons I was drawn to the car!

I'm just wanting to find out what modifications other people on here have done with their 200's that have made a worthwhile increase on power etc. I've already been looking at the cat back systems and maxogen kits etc just want to know what other people's thoughts are! Cheers

James :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 133

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi and welcome.

Car looks nice but forget chasing power. It doesn't happen on these.

And bare in mind, cheap exhaust systems cause a flat spot in the power delivery around 2500rpm which is borderline dangerous

I do adore those seats mind

Renault Clio RS 200
Ah thanks for the reply may just put a catback system for a bit of a better sound and little things like a panel filter etc and concentrate on the styling! Yeah the seats are lovely! And they're heated!!

Audi A8 3.0tdi/172.
Good choice on car mate, I had a very well spec'd 200 and it was all the car I ever needed but was moving and I'd be doing long miles so had to sell .

As for chasing power it's easily done but you have to spend decent money..... My car was 100% quicker once I changed each item I felt every change.

I had an akrapovic de cat system on mine second hand but perfect for £700, figment was perfect went on perfect and I had no flat spot.....

Next was matched inlets ported and gas flowed, again this made a huge difference and is the first thing I would do, also the throttle body opening was enlarged/matched.

Then I fitted the maxogen, this was immense and worth every penny, the noise and fitment was incredible, I was going to move the battery to the boot and have it sitting better and neater but was very good still.

Cracked springs are very common but mine was a cup packed one so had two broke up front and changed to eibachs, again very good.

A8F214D3-EAD9-4BD8-82DE-ED049ECA996A.jpg

B7728C69-0FA2-4481-B4DA-EB66371FCE27.jpg

9E83A0BD-5663-46D0-9B34-4962CA8C9373.jpg

02A8B21F-1E61-4337-98B0-B94C50A6D985.jpg

Renault Clio 172
Good choice on car mate, I had a very well spec'd 200 and it was all the car I ever needed but was moving and I'd be doing long miles so had to sell .

As for chasing power it's easily done but you have to spend decent money..... My car was 100% quicker once I changed each item I felt every change.

I had an akrapovic de cat system on mine second hand but perfect for £700, figment was perfect went on perfect and I had no flat spot.....

Next was matched inlets ported and gas flowed, again this made a huge difference and is the first thing I would do, also the throttle body opening was enlarged/matched.

Then I fitted the maxogen, this was immense and worth every penny, the noise and fitment was incredible, I was going to move the battery to the boot and have it sitting better and neater but was very good still.

Cracked springs are very common but mine was a cup packed one so had two broke up front and changed to eibachs, again very good.

A8F214D3-EAD9-4BD8-82DE-ED049ECA996A.jpg

B7728C69-0FA2-4481-B4DA-EB66371FCE27.jpg

9E83A0BD-5663-46D0-9B34-4962CA8C9373.jpg

02A8B21F-1E61-4337-98B0-B94C50A6D985.jpg
Sorry to hijack, but where did you get the ported inlets? Or did you get them done yourself?