ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault rs200

R26, R27
visited renault dealer in western avenue west london today, they had rs200 in alien green, def looks better in the flesh than in pics, the front dont look to bad, if they dont sell to well then they may change the front rather soon, as alot of you out there dont like it. definitely the best hot hatch of its class including the new golf gti.
All the other car manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves that they cant make a car like the rs200 for under 18k

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Depends what you want from a hot hatch really, I think its very harsh saying other car manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves when theres so many fantastic hot hatches to choose from right now.

I'm sure the RS200 is great for handling, but as an all round package? the interior does not look a particularly nice place to be, nor does the exterior look particularly nice either and it will probably rattle like f**k and have stupid little niggly problems like most renaults do and its not exactly high torque which normally means downshifting to overtake etc, something that hatches like the golf gti/focus ST etc do with ease due to the turbo.

As an all rounder that is, for looks, comfort, reliability, performance and handling, i'd say the GTI is the current best of the bunch overall, its a jack of all trades master of none, but like i said, it really does depend on what you want from a hot hatch.

R26, R27
do you know how much a fully loaded gti costs over 26k with leather,dsg and other bits too. i dont think its worth that much. you could pick up rs focus for that. no one can compete with renault on price and pace

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
You get what you pay for though.

Who said anything about buying new anyway, i'd never buy a new car, buy one a year or 2 old and save thousands and the car will barely be run in by then.

Clio RS 200 cup chassis
yes but the problem is that you do know the previous owner and more than likely on a sport model they will have hamered it knowing that they would keep it.

It is a risk

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
yes but the problem is that you do know the previous owner and more than likely on a sport model they will have hamered it knowing that they would keep it.

It is a risk

hot hatches are made to be hammered. Jap and German cars in general just love being abused, Even the clio stands up reasonably well with the amount of abuse it gets. Buy 2nd hand from a garage so you get a warranty if you want some piece of mind, thats what i do.

Black 197
hot hatches are made to be hammered. Jap and German cars in general just love being abused, Even the clio stands up reasonably well with the amount of abuse it gets. Buy 2nd hand from a garage so you get a warranty if you want some piece of mind, thats what i do.

Have to agree... got my 197 used in mint condition with just under 10k on the clock a couple of months ago and i paid just under 10k for it.. Baragin imo

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Have to agree... got my 197 used in mint condition with just under 10k on the clock a couple of months ago and i paid just under 10k for it.. Baragin imo

Exactly. Even if its been ragged for most of that, 10k miles is nothing in the life of a car its not gonna make much difference as long as it was run in properly to start with (and you'd be able to tell if it hadn't been). I'd rather take the risk on 10k miles and save myself 5k tbh.

Exactly. Even if its been ragged for most of that, 10k miles is nothing in the life of a car its not gonna make much difference as long as it was run in properly to start with (and you'd be able to tell if it hadn't been). I'd rather take the risk on 10k miles and save myself 5k tbh.

How?

C63 AMG
Buying second hand is better for the environment - a new car does not need to be produced to satisfy demand. We must all start being more friendly to the environment. I love polar bears and squirrals.

182 ff
visited renault dealer in western avenue west london today, they had rs200 in alien green, def looks better in the flesh than in pics, the front dont look to bad, if they dont sell to well then they may change the front rather soon, as alot of you out there dont like it. definitely the best hot hatch of its class including the new golf gti.
All the other car manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves that they cant make a car like the rs200 for under 18k

where u from mate im just up in ruislip dont get ur car serviced in london west thou w*****s !:mad:

Evo
Hot hatches are designed to be abused yeah, but to a certain extent.

Look at all the R5s and XR4s today? they are ALL on their deathbed.

Although its not correct that because its second hand and sporty its abused, i never rag mine and treat it perfectly, even if i was to sell that wouldnt change. They are out there rarely. :p