ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault supplied MP3

Ziel Nurburgring

Just left my local renault dealer after trying to cancel my 6disc changer on the 172 i ordered last month. I was going to fit an aftermarket MP3 player but the dealer reckons they can fit a Sony that still uses the remote stalk. Anyone got one, are they any good and should i pay £530 it??

haha 530 quid haha ahhaa sorry....er haha haha...right im ok now...no haha haha

that must be some "mp3" player...and wait for it.....aint it sony....haha sorry im away again haha hahah.

stay well clear and buy your own aftermarket head unit.

996 Carrera

£530? Should be £300 and a bit for the MP70 from Renault I think. Plus fitting of course - maybe they need all day to fit it!

You can do it yourself for a lot less, and get a better head unit.

Ive got the Sony CDX-MP850 and the Connects2 lead so that I can still use the stalk controls and standard display - works very well.

I paid £250 for the head unit and £40 something for the lead. I fitted myself without too much hassle, and if I can do it you can.

Quote: Originally posted by monkeymagic on 06 September 2003

£530? Should be £300 and a bit for the MP70 from Renault I think. Plus fitting of course - maybe they need all day to fit it!

You can do it yourself for a lot less, and get a better head unit.

Ive got the Sony CDX-MP850 and the Connects2 lead so that I can still use the stalk controls and standard display - works very well.

I paid £250 for the head unit and £40 something for the lead. I fitted myself without too much hassle, and if I can do it you can.

Monkeeey where did you get the head unit and the Connects2 thing from?

when u conect this lead in then m8 does it let u function the sony radio as good as the renault supplied ones ,, also does the renault stalk control the changeing of cd tracks aswell

gregg

so when u intall the sony using the renault stalk it contols the radio and volume but not the cd player tracks

right

Gregg

996 Carrera

Yes and Yes.

you can change tracks with the roller on the back of the stalk control. only thing i cant seem to do is change radio band from the stalk control, i.e go from FM to MW etc.

Plus u can cancel the traffic alert with a press on the source buttons.

And u get a remote with the 850.

I went in to a Renault dealer today and the only thing I could find was a one page leaflet that had the Sony MP40 (doesnt look too good) for £360 the MP80 for about £600!! and another one that was about £1500.

No sign of the MP70.