ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement speakers

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Looking to replace the original F/R speakers but not sure of the best to get and what size and depth will fit. I will eventually be amping them up so they will have to handle a few watts..

Any ideas peeps????

Cheers
Chris

infinitys are loud excellent quality and not too expensive. i have em front and back both amped. excellent.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Ben J,

Did the Infinities just drop straight in or did you have to do some fiddling to get them to fit?

Which size did you go for? 5 1/2 "

Thanks Mate

yeah went in the doors easy, i even linked a cross over to them so they have pioneer tweeters in the dash aswell sounds nice. although the back are 6x9s so u have to chop them. but still amp em or u wont notice much if any difference as there still getting the same power as usual ( theres no point in getting louder speakers if ya no putting a louder sound in them ). dunno what size 5 1/2 i think. whatever standard size is.

Towser

Do the Alpines sound much better than the standard speakers? I want to replace mine, because the bass is crap.

Towser

1) Did they fit straight in, any advice?

2) Did you fit the tweeters in the same place as the current ones? Any advice on this?

3) Are you still using the same head unit?

Thanks
C

tou bass is probably crap because the head unit isnt powering the speakers enough. this is usually the case not the way everyone else thinks that it over powers them. get uprated speakers still but amp em if u want quality.

NPG 2000. I am using the original head unit and an alpine amp. The sound is definately much better than standard. The speakers in the front door fit but require the removal of a plastic cowl behind the speaker , very easy with a sharp knife , and the tweeters fit in where the originals are.