ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing Cigarette Lighter

Justin BBP

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 172 PH2
The cigarette lighter in my 53 plated 172 is all rusted and doesn't work...
Can anyone offer any advice how to remove the whole thing.

RS 200 CUP
you can pull the whole section out with the cup holders etc, pull the ashtray out first then use that hole to grip and pull the rest out (it's just clipped in, no adhesive or screws). I took mine out, disconnected the cigarette lighter wiring then removed the actual cigarette lighter from its housing. I then fitted USB ports and wired them up to the original cigarette lighter wiring. I don't have a guide or anything but theres a picture of it finished and a link to the usb ports here http://www.cliosport.net/threads/replacing-cigarette-lighter-with-usb.809992/

I can possibly write it in more detail if required but I found it quite easy and I have no mechanical or electrical background, just some basic knowledge.

Alternatively you can just get another cigarette lighter in its housing from a scrappy and swap it or take yours out and clean it.

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
image.jpg

Easy to do mate just follow the guide fubar made.