ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing Door Speakers Help!!!

Clio 182
Hello Ladies and Gents, I am trying to fathom the best way to upgrade the p**s poor speakers that are in the 182's as standard. Pretty much all of mine are blown and buzz like crazy even when just trying to listen to pink floyd loudly.

Found these on flebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261661443166

Will they work properly or will the standard tweeters in the dash give me grief, also going to bung those speakers in the back trying to avoid putting a sub in if i can help it.

The standard headunit will be slung too in favour of a faithful sony unit from my old foci. When i do this will the center display freak out even with the proper patch leads inc the one for the steering column stalk? I dont mind it being blank giving me just the time and the temperature just dont want it saying "Enter code" or something.

Any help would be great i'm properly in the dark on this and a touch special to, thanks in advance

Clio 182
I fitted new components in mine some vibe ones and some normal vibe in the back doing fantastic also your display will just tell time and temp

Clio 182
Brilliant! I will get some ordered then, LOVE vibe speakers i had a full black air install in a mk1 focus with a 12" active black air sub in the boot along with a 1600w amp just to run the doors and 6x9's, it used so much power when the car was on idle the dials used to pulse :tonguewink:.

Do yours give you lots of trim rattles from the extra bass, just found out my rattle from the back was the door card coming loose nothing some Velcro didn't sort

Clio 182
Only rattle I've got is from parcel shelf but I've got a 10" fli sub which sounds fantastic

Clio 182
Don't fly use vibe parts or were they a halfords special my friend had a pink one in his clio and it filled the boot sounded pretty good and cheap too

Clio 182
Think they do but not sure but the one I got is quite small so got a lot of space in the boot still