ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replacing passenger seat retaining bolt

i need to know how to replace the retaining bolt on the passenger seat that bolts it to the floor? I cant get the bloody nut back on the threaded bar cos i think its knackered so im going to replace the bolt, but how?

Its for a valver and the bolt is the one nearest the gear lever on the seat runners.

cheers,pete

you think its knackered? Take it out and see. The seat that is.

A file on the thread will sort it out. If you really want to get the bolt out of the runner take the seat out and hit it very very hard with a big hammer, you will most likely bend somethign but it will come out.

cheers mate. ive tried for a couple of days now to get the nut on but its not having any of it. it gets slightly tighter then suddenly loose and just falls off. V annoying.

Do you mean the bolt or the nut? The bolt is the thing that looks like a screw at is actually attatched to the seat and the nut is the bit under the car which holds the bolt down.

I am actually playing with all this at the moment as I have took my factorys seats out and am putting bucket seats in with my brand new (not quite finished yet) frames. I think the nut might be 8mm. Or at least very very close.

Paul