ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replacing tweets/crossovers Mk2 172

Elise/VX220/R26

Im sure this will have been covered before but I couldnt find anything on a search. I think I remember reading that the tweeter covers twist off? Is this true? Also does anyone know where the crossovers are?

ta!

it is rumoured that the covers for the tweeters can be twisted off, but id prefer to remove the dash and do it properly

there are no crossovers with the standard speakers

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

but there is a point where the wires split into two (if anyone knows where this is id love to know)

Renault seem to do that with all of their cars, my RT was wired up that way. Certainly a pain if you want to rewire the car and the new speakers have a crossover on the woofer. (then if you have a separate crossover then no probs)

I just removed the dash, rewired the tweets and mids, and cut the old tweet pods out, and removed the tweet covers and mounted the new tweets in these holes. Sounds like a lot of work but well worht it IMO.

But yer they do twist off, its hard enough with the dash out but if you put two pins in the grilles im sure you could do it,

PS - removing the dash is allot harder than it says in the guide on the cliosport websie, plus there are only 12 screws that need to be removed. If you want a fuller description, PM me

Rorrie

No, I agree with Rorrie, I removed the dash and you dont need to remove a couple of the screws around the wheel.

Will be removing it again to fit some tweeters when I decide what to get. I might leave the grills on tho as its a nice flush finish.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Me neither but I did it and was able to make a much better job of everything and it all goes back with no squeeks and rattles too. I recon a whole dashboard top costs around £30.00 - it really is that thin.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Frosty on 09 September 2003

The guide is for a 172 though - thats why there are extra screws.
172/Cup/Billaboing/Dynamic all have the same dash (different texture on the 172, ooh arent you 172 owners so lucky!!!:D

Suzuki SV1000S

I changed my tweeters on my Cup by just twisting the tweeter cover and pulling out the tweeters, Dont need to bother with the dash mate!