ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Return to standard or sell modified?

Its time to part with my clio 172. The question is do i keep it listed at just about 3k as it is or take off the coilovers and truns and sell for closer to 2k as a standard car?

Sunflower Ph1 172
Its time to part with my clio 172. The question is do i keep it listed at just about 3k as it is or take off the coilovers and truns and sell for closer to 2k as a standard car?

Cars aren't worth more just because they have modifications. In fact, to a potential buyer it's worth less than a standard example. I say sell the parts with exchange for standard items.

Crispy.

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW G31 530D Msport
It all depends who's eyes your looking through... To the general public the modified car will be a nono and will lower the value. On the other hand of you were to sell to someone who has a clue about clios/modding then they will see it as something more appealing :)

IMO, back to original and get decent money back for the mods :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
It all depends who's eyes your looking through... To the general public the modified car will be a nono and will lower the value. On the other hand of you were to sell to someone who has a clue about clios/modding then they will see it as something more appealing :)

IMO, back to original and get decent money back for the mods :)

This.

Put it in the for sale section on here. After a week or two, strip your mods off, sell them on here, sell the car elsewhere.

Sam!

Cheers for the advise guys, going to give it a week or 2 on PH as it is and may look to stripping bits off on here.

320td Daily XR2t Toy
Parts are worth more not attached to a car. Also opens your car up to more people to buy it ie my mum like clio sports but not one with coilovers and exhaust. I dont like buying modified cars as i think they have had a hard life.

Crispy.

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW G31 530D Msport
Parts are worth more not attached to a car. Also opens your car up to more people to buy it ie my mum like clio sports but not one with coilovers and exhaust. I dont like buying modified cars as i think they have had a hard life.

How do you know the car you think wasn't modified was put back to standard to fool you it didn't have a hard life? This is the reason I'm so paranoid buying cars.

Well you don't. But a currently modified car has definitely been modified.
One that is standard might not have been.