ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Returning to a Standard Cat

Clio 182
If the Clio is returned to a standard CAT after having a Decat will the emmissions light automaticly switch off or does Renault have to turn it off? Or can any garage switch the light off.

Cheers guys

P.

Audi TT 225
Not always, like the airbag and service light problem, that goes off on its own once the problem is resolved. (loose wires etc)

Also low brake pads can make one of the dash lights come on when you go around corners too fast, that goes off on its own too.

Clio 172 mk2
Put it back on and if the light doesn't go out then take it to Renault to have the fault cleared

Simple process of elimination:D

Clio 182
Hello peeps. Right the cat is back on but the light is still on. Will Renault just turn it off for me? I'm sure they will charge or grumble that there is something wrong and insist on replacing my door or something unrelated!! but has anyone had to do it? Would anyone else do it for me or is this one of those stealers only thing like getting a new blooming key programmed!!

I need a service in about a month so i'll be heading off up to GDI. Does anyone know if they'd be able to do it instead of the stealers?

What if I unplugged the battery for a while and then connected it back up. Would that do the trick?

Cheers in advance

Paul

Clio 182
No problems at all. My reasons are that my insurance company will not cover me with a decat, its MOT time, even though its a silenced de-cat it still seems louder then standard and I want a quieter exhaust plus i'm thinking of selling up in the next few months so I would rather sell it with the cat fitted. I'll be selling the decat soon if your interested. Its a prospeed one.