ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ricardos Budget Black Megane 225

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Looks great! How are you finding the coilovers?
Thanks Joe, means a lot coming from a fellow Megane owner. So far, I had my first half decent spirited drive last night. I haven't played with number of clicks on the settings but how they are now it feels soft enough to ride out the roads, at speed it absorbs the bumps quite well. Not hard enough to make the car skip if that makes sense, I can imagine some people #becauseracecar cranking up the stiffness on the damper setting to have a car bounce everywhere. Early signs they feel good, progressive and not crash. For the price they're worth it.

With the 2 degrees negative and 10 minutes toe out it has great turn in, coming out of corners you just squeeze the throttle and it's effortless power coming out.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like you're happy with them, I find mine just as good on the road as when I had H&R springs fitted. I have mine set to 3 clicks from soft front and back for the road which seems to work fine for me.

Have you got any other plans?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Brakes all done.
Coilovers and geometry done.
Interior stripped to where I'm happy for it to be.

Sabelt seat and 4 point harness all in place.

I've ordered new swivel hub bearings, I've also bought all 3 exhaust mount brackets. Ordered a new OE drivers side upper engine mount. I still need to wire up the cruise control bracket and fit the Sabelt steering wheel. There's some interior bits I'd like to work on but by and large it's almost where I'd like it to be......... One job I'll look into after all that (no rush) is have the crease repaired that's on the drivers rear arch.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Fitted all new OE exhaust hangers last night and took it out for a drive to check everything's ok
IMG_3404-01.jpeg
IMG_3403-01.jpeg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Ordered a set of these this morning from Renault Parts Direct, will fit these for when I take it out on track. A nice finishing touch for the Meg when out on track.
_20160602_101941.JPG

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Wish I had your enthusiasm.

I haven't driven mine in weeks lol.
Going to Bedford on Monday and it doesn't even have an MOT yet.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'm tempted to book in on Brands Hatch next Thursday for the evening session just to see how it goes. There's loads of stupid small jobs on the to do list that all add up, a little frustrating as I want them all done and like yesterday.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Few bits done, battery relocated to the boot, ditched the restrictive OE airbox and replaced with a R21 Turbo airbox. It has the same base as the Clio V6 box with the 100mm outlet, the difference being the inlet pointing at an angle. Since the install I've bought a phase 1 Clio 172 airbox to utilise the lid so it'll be a straight pipe. Also found out the Megane has built in sat nav so the usual Update List stereo I thought would work.... Doesn't, so I bought the Carminat headunit off Ebay. Bought a carbon R26R spoiler of a friend for 50 quid so I drilled and fixed that.
_20160630_124418-01.jpeg
_20160630_124405-01.jpeg
_20160701_112405-01.jpeg
_20160629_231551.JPG
_20160629_231620.JPG
DSC_0092-01.jpeg
DSC_0091-01.jpeg

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Some nice pics there mate!

Also CF R26 spoiler for £50?! Bargain of the year!
Cheers Mark, was at Snetterton a couple of weeks back and busted out the bridge camera for a few pitlane shots. Attending the Surrey Rolling Road day next Saturday to see what the ol girl is putting out.

Had a right touch with the spoiler, admittedly there's lacquer peel the size of a £2 coin on top but hey its a track car! Having it fitted transformed the look of the car.

Not a 320d
Really really tidy. Wouldnt happen to know where i can get lower mounts for sportsters would you i cant for the death of me find any for the mk3