ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ricardo's LY200T

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Rich wanted this sealed up ready for the winter.

Snow foamed and jetted off
IMG_9501.JPG

2 bucket method using this
IMG_9499.JPG

Dried and then decon'd with IronX
IMG_9502.JPG

Rinsed, washed again, jetted of and dried.

Then de-tarred with TarX
IMG_9500.JPG

There's was absolute loads of tiny tar spots

Thoroughly rinsed and washed a third time and rinsed.

Wheels given a blast with Megs wheel brightener, washed with wheel woolie and a mitt.

Then it was sealed with Hydro2 lite
IMG_9503.JPG

Dried and tyres treated to some Megs endurance
IMG_9504.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9502.JPG
    IMG_9502.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 54

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Looks fantastic bud! This all without any polishing/waxing/claying? If so is very impressive. How long did the whole process take? You are mad for doing it in this weather but i've just ordered a Nilfisk C120 over Black Friday weekend along with some AF Avalanche and a bunch of other products and am keen to try them out, so I might be joining you in the madness of cleaning in icy conditions!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Looks fantastic bud! This all without any polishing/waxing/claying? If so is very impressive. How long did the whole process take? You are mad for doing it in this weather but i've just ordered a Nilfisk C120 over Black Friday weekend along with some AF Avalanche and a bunch of other products and am keen to try them out, so I might be joining you in the madness of cleaning in icy conditions!

The paint on Rich's is pretty spot on. It certainly doesn't need any correction.

If it hadn't been so cold I may have considered a glaze but I'm not sure it would have added much to the end finish.

No wax but I used hydro2 lite sealant instead.

I do enjoy waxing but that's strictly for the warmer months when I don't mind being outside.

This took me about 3 hours.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
That's a great finish. Love the colour.
Did you use anything to protect the wheels?

I saw some pictures over on Turbo Renault and was impressed :smile:

Cheers mate.

Only used hydro2 on the wheels simply due to lack of time.

I've said to Rich that once the weather warms up a bit we will spend some time putting a glaze on and at the same time I'll probably put some Dlux on the wheels. He's going to be getting them refurbished at some point as we'll I think.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'm absolutely brassic at the minute, so will just end up going for the smaller bottle I think and get the 5000ml in the new year.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Cheers mate.

Only used hydro2 on the wheels simply due to lack of time.

I've said to Rich that once the weather warms up a bit we will spend some time putting a glaze on and at the same time I'll probably put some Dlux on the wheels. He's going to be getting them refurbished at some point as we'll I think.
Correct, the wheels are going to be refurbed after Christmas. The front tyres are being changed for the correct Dunlop Maxx RTs this Thursday, it's gonna bug me not having any product on them like the rears but hey ho! Cooksport springs next too.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Thanks for all the kind comments, I'm really pleased with it. I feel lucky to have it, I didn't think I'd have the opportunity to be in the new RS especially with the colour and the spec.