ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ripspeed dvd player

RENAULT CLIO SPORT 182
im looking too buy a ripspeed dvd player for my 182 and was just wondring will the steering wheel controls and the clocks still work once its been installed?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Mate have you seen one of them in the flesh? the picture ql is gash :dead: .. maybe £3-500 cheaper than decent makes but its sure shows through, also looks very flimsy, cant comment on it being in a car but saw it in halfords, it was sat next to a pioneer one on the display section, the pioneer just showed it up 3 fold

clio 1.2 16v,
i have one in my clio , every one slags them off i think they are ok i mean i got mine for 100 quid with discount from a mate who used to work there, play my ps2 through it and its good, you have to buy a extra wire to get your steering controls to work though i think there good for the money at £150 quid not worth over 200 baring in mind

RENAULT SPORT CLIO 172
got a ripspeed my self. its only the 3'' screen but is quite cool. paid £100 from Halfords 1/2 price, steering controls dont work but not a problem as you couldnt do much with them anyway!!! also bought a ripspeed under seat sub which has just enough power to make the bass a bit better. wont make the number plate rattle though!! LOL...

clio 1.2 16v,
steering contorls will work go into halfrouds get an adapter im not sure what it is called but you can get them working

White Sti Hatch
I wouldent get one, mate of mine had one in his old Corsa pic quality was terrible and to be honest dosnt look that great at all :/

i brought one of my mate when it was selling his car, it looked okay fitted and everything, but some d**k smashed my window and stole it ! :(
3rd party insurance sure sux! now i have a JVC CD player, and i take the face plate off everytime i leave the car anywhere! now i have had an expensive alarm fitted, dont want my sub etc being stolen.

Golf TDI
im not joining the bandwagon " my mate had one " but my mate also has one and tbh it looks s**t and flimsy .

Ive got one and I cant fault it really. I dont use it to watch DVD's much because of the 3" screen lol but you can get a standalone screen for about £60 last time i saw them which is a decent size.

Only prob i have with it is the lack of steering controls as there is no adaptor to my knowledge to hook them up.

I use mine mainly for MP3 DVD's 4.7 gigs of mp3s on 1 disc means i dont have to leave a load of cds in my car :D the 3" screen comes in handy for finding tracks then (although writing is a bit small )