ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling road result

Clio 182 Cup
So I bought a 182 for track days and thought before I start spending money on it I'll stick it on the rolling road see what it's making...

The car to my knowledge just has a decat and full miltek system.

It rolled 203 Bhp

I'm not sure what's actually average and where it should be? I've been told to be pushing 200bhp in a clio 172/182 is where the ITB's and cams etc are so?

Attachments

• IMG_8501.JPG
    IMG_8501.JPG
    290.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_8503.JPG
    IMG_8503.JPG
    339.1 KB · Views: 195
  Clio 182 Cup
Place in bromsgrove TTP performance, it was done for me as a favour as he doesn't usually dyno just random cars.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If the car has just got what you say, it won't be 203. If it is then you need a thread (sticky) just for your car.

Clio 182 Cup
C5EDC703-79F6-4E36-A33C-1551D20FE139_zpsulytmww1.jpg.html

This is why I'm saying it may have had previous stuff done then perhaps.. if it's that rare/ridiculous to get near the dyno run I did with what I have on it.. ‍♀️

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Don't wish to piss on your chips but I have seen many 1*2s on rollers and with just those mods you will be nowhere near 200 ! did he give you a wheel figure that will be more accurate and if it makes more than 150 atw that's a great result .

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Am I reading the graph right?

It's making 180-200lb/ft torque through a good deal of the rev range???

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Its m

Its more than 20%...
If we assume 15% then the figure is actually 187bhp which is a little more realistic.

163 vs 203 BHP

40BHP difference

20% of 200 is 40

I'm sure you see how I came to my conclusion

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Yes but your conclusion is wrong because you are working the wrong way.

Whilst I see what you're getting at there (20% of 203 (162.4 to be precise) as apposed to 120% of 163 (195.6 to be precise))

My point still stands that it's a grossly over inflated figure for a transmission loss on a FWD car. You're just being pedantic and trying to make it appear that i have an inferior intellectual capacity vs yourself, over a minor approximation.

I can do maffs, me mush

dan's cast offs.
only just looked at the pics and i don't know what's worse, the way it's strapped down or the cement mixer in front of it??

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
We're in 2017 and there are still people saying their near standard 1*2 made 200hp+ on the rolling road. Strewth.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
To be fair the bloke was just asking if his result was any good/realistic.