ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling Road Results For RS Clios

Lee

BMW M2C
Re: RR results for 1*2s

I've deleted some posts from this thread as it's just going over the same old same old.

Up to that point this thread has been pretty interesting, please don't spoilt it and give reason for it to be removed.

For the record my old 172 ran 169bhp at Northampton Motorsport and roughly the same at Power Engineering and my 182 ran 172bhp at Cambridge Motorsport. The graphs for the 172 are at home. I never received one for the 182.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

your 182 only can 172?! Than uncharactistically low. Normally 179.

(Mine ran 192.6 and 158.0, Various tuners - AWT, GFR, Maxogen, zorst, decat, internals, Remap)

Lee

BMW M2C

your 182 only can 172?! Than uncharactistically low. Normally 179.

Yup, I know. Andy said "spot on, 172", to which I replied, "it's a ******* 182." It felt okay, certainly better than my 172 did, and it did okay on track. I only kept it a year anyhow and covered 18.5k. The Trophy feels a lot better, but that's just hit 24k this morning.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

i'm on 32know! :( But then again it feels so much more lively now. I think it's about run in!
FCS this year sir, i've got four pots this time!!! lol

Lee

BMW M2C

i'm on 32know! :( But then again it feels so much more lively now. I think it's about run in!
FCS this year sir, i've got four pots this time!!! lol

You're on. The Trophy is crying out for some decent anchors.

Think I've missed out on track time. I'll keep my eye out for a place though.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I'll hook you up. I'm about to put an offer on the forum for a full 4 pot kit, With pads, brackets, lines, pads, fluid all for under 450£ (Other are selling it for 650£ Cough cough**) lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Fred...You should push this! I'll sell him brakes to slow him down, you sell him TB's to speed him up!!!

Scottish mentality! ;)

Ph1

166.9 bhp atw @ 6500rpm at GMC Motorsport Newton Stewart Scotland.

Minor head work - Piper cams - pmurray re-map - heat wrapped 182 manifold - mix and match zorst comprising of Pro speed back box, Magnex centre section and Janspeed modded de-cat, AWT matched inlet, Maxogen IK

Cars running slightly lean all the way through the rev range so going back for some more mapping tweeks :)

nice Andy, I make that 197bhp which sounds about on the money!

I'm considering a 182 *****mold for mine, not too sure if it's going to make any notable difference on mine though :S

Ph1

I'm considering a 182 *****mold for mine, not too sure if it's going to make any notable difference on mine though :S

It wont blow your socks off but yes you can feel a difference. Its just all the hassle with it that you have to weigh up all the pro's and con's.

I had a mate who fitted mine on the cheap and a mate who was a welder so mine was pretty easy going to do

yeah if it's a ball ache I'll prolly just stick with the 172 stainless effort, apparently it wont see me much of a gain anyway, just fancied one! lol

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

thought you would get this done as its the last 'basic' mod for yours? saw yours at GDI at the weekend, looks a touch too low for decent handling.

I'm not sure it will make a difference, I did speak to Andy about it a while back, cant fully remember, but iirc it wont really make much of a difference if any and it's a pain in the arse to fit... so I'll prolly skip basic mods for something a little more expensive but better... like headwork and wilder cams to start with :)

yeah it's far too low full stop, Andy's going to raise it up 10mm he said as it's doing his head in as well! it handles really really poorly tbh, think I might just throw a set of Avo's on it.

MarkM - Very good idea putting the results into a spreadsheet. Will be a usefull thing to have on the forum. I suggested the same thing myself a couple of months ago, but I've been too busy/lazy to do anything about it yet :eek:

Can I suggest car milage is included too, as some say the best ones have 40k or so on them.

Mine was tested on 39.7k for the record

Last edited:

ChrisK, 172, gdi, gdi, 218, N/A, cams exhaust decat mani match remap ITBs
MarkM, 182, gdi, gdi, 205, 177,cams exhaust filter mani match remap, not at first but getting better mapping was very poor....
ChrisK, 172, N/A, N/A, 195, N/A, cams exhaust decat mani match remap
Evoo, 172, N/A, Powerstation, 183, N/A, exhaust
Perrie, 182, N/A, N/A, 181, 155, filter mani match remap
ChrisK, 172, N/A, N/A, 174, N/A, panelfilt
mattyw, 172, hillpower,hillpower, 155atw, N/A,182mani exhaust sprtcat grpn
Adamio, 172, N/A, Perfect Touch Performance, 183, 156, KTec Cat Back Exhaust + Pipercross IK (with CAF) + BBPT Grp N Remap
Chris n nic, 172 Cup, various, Chipwizards,195, 175, No cat, powerflow exhaust, ported inlet (not matched), 182 manifold, BMC induction with CAF, Chipwizards remap
fmp, 182, shed motorsport, Regal Autosport, 190.5, 170.1, BTB exhasut, ITG panelfilter
Baldylocks, 172 Cup, Vauxsport, 169.9, 153.5, Sports cat & Prospeed stealth, ITG Panelfilter, Happy with that

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

made a big difference to mine low down i'd gained nearly 10fpt in places

Lionel Richie

Yoz, 172 cup, 205@wheels
MarkM, 182, gdi, gdi, 205, 177,cams exhaust filter mani match remap, not at first but getting better mapping was very poor....
Adamio, 172, N/A, Perfect Touch Performance, 183, 156, KTec Cat Back Exhaust + Pipercross IK (with CAF) + BBPT Grp N Remap
Chris n nic, 172 Cup, various, Chipwizards,195, 175, No cat, powerflow exhaust, ported inlet (not matched), 182 manifold, BMC induction with CAF, Chipwizards remap
fmp, 182, shed motorsport, Regal Autosport, 190.5, 170.1, BTB exhasut, ITG panelfilter
Baldylocks, 172 Cup, Vauxsport, 169.9, 153.5, Sports cat & Prospeed stealth, ITG Panelfilter, Happy with that

;)

Yoz, 172 cup, 205@wheels
TheJesus, 203.8bhp @ wheels

;)

ahem!

rr results for 1*2s (updated)

rr2.jpg

Re: rr results for 1*2s (updated)

Shame you ranked them on BHP rather than torque so I'm bottom LOL

Well done for doing this Mark :clap:

(Should'nt avstar be in the 'Cams' section though? or are you saving him the embarassment - sorry avstar!)

Loony - who's Ross?

RMccardel, always thought that was his 1st name unless I'm wrong in which case I'll shut up lol

I'd say the same for people that don't give the RR it was tested on. It could be a completely bogus one that no one else has used for all we know.

Nippy white cup

might be they can remember/find the printout to get them m8...not many RR give just one reading

Chris

bhp is figured out from torque at the wheels, so if theres no torque figure there can be no bhp figure

People are going to remember there peak bhp and not there torque. I havent put the @rpm figures either but I dont imagine people would remeber those.

Its just to give a very rough idea of what they can expect from engine mods.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

bhp is figured out from torque at the wheels, so if theres no torque figure there can be no bhp figure

People are going to remember there peak bhp and not there torque. I havent put the @rpm figures either but I dont imagine people would remeber those.

Its just to give a very rough idea of what they can expect from engine mods.

thats cool, not knocking it bud, i personaly remember things like torque and bhp. good for people who are wanting an idea of how much "power" there car has.

111s

I'm with 'adeyspec'. Both BHP and Torque should be quoted and i'd even like to see all the graphs, 1 as proof and 2 to see where the cars are making there power.

Seat Leon Cupra 290

i cant find the rr sheet and cant remember what torque i had on mine, think it was mid 170's ish, had 2 rr's might look it up, but no longer have the car anymore