ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rookie from SW Scotland/Wiltshire. 172 ph1.

Ph1 172, Accord
Hi new to the forum. Name's Connor, I'm 23, from a town called Dumfries but work down in Wiltshire through the week.

Mainly been a Jap/Vag fan but always fancied myself a Renaultsport and finally picked up a very tidy example Ph1 172 (IMO the best looking) last weekend. Safe to say I'm over the moon with it!

Got a Mk4 Golf diseasal as a daily so the Clio will be a weekend car then slowly a more track focussed build next year.

I say that but I've already started stripping the rear.....

Anyway a few pics of what I've been up to since I got it

When I got it home (dirty)
DSC_0190.jpg

First job paint the hubs black
DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

Bye interior
DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0194.jpg

Pic with the daily
DSC_0199.jpg

That's it for a month or so until more funds become available, next job is slowly upgrading the suspension and brakes.

If you see either of the cars going about don't be shy to say hello.

1.0 16v Clio (BR)
Nice looking Mk4!
Welcome and you are right when you say that PH1s are the best looking, haha.

Ph1 172, Accord
Bit of an update:
Done a few more jobs and bought some stuff for the car over the last month or so.

Skoda Fabia splitter
DSC_0228.jpg

Picked up some Gaz coilovers from weeksy and got them fitted in torrential rain along with some 20mm front spacers and 10mm rear shims (which I forgot to take pics of)
IMG_20141017_175243.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

Took the car up to Progrip to get the geo done, but little did I know there was too much play in the bottom ball joint.... Facepalm! Fixed it (also in the pissing rain) but was going to look for cup wishbones for the future.
DSC_0251.jpg

Seen Fattys induction kit setup and thought I'm having that! Best noise ever!
DSC_0256.jpg

Picked up some polybushed cup wishbones with new lemforder ball joints fitted off Russ, drooled over his racecar in the process!
IMG_20141128_195503.jpg

Got myself an omp steering wheel from demon tweeks, boss came on Tuesday so not been home to fit, hopefully this weekend when I'm back.
20141203_163959.jpg

Ph1 172, Accord
Next on the to do list is tie rods and track rod ends, Powerflex ARB bushes, Whiteline RARB, Pms solid top mounts, probably going to invest in some corbeau clubsport bucket seats in between. Can a mod move this to the builds section please?