ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotrex repair/rebuild ideas?

Clio 172
Afternoon folks,

So the supercharger on my clio was taken off by the previous owner because it was making a right ol racket but believe it was still boosting fine. Here's a video of the noise it's making.

http://s539.photobucket.com/user/Jae-rocco/media/20130708_140530.mp4.html

I know rotrex don't rebuild or repair these, and I also know there is a company in United States that do, But are there any more companies or anyone you folks would recommend talking to?

I need to re-supercharge my clio, it's feeling terrible sorry for itself right now and i'm just trying out every possible avenue before forking out £1500 on a new charger!

Thank-you guys

big boost cup
TTS RSTuning or Ktec are the people you need to get in contact with or get a second Hand one off eBay

Clio 172
Yeah, i've spoken to Paul from RS tuning, they did the work many years ago. He was pretty helpful in giving me some information but it's not under any warranty and Rotrex are not interested in repairing these units.

Found one second hand one on ebay, 3 days into it's 10 day auction and it's at £800 already, Can see it fetching over 1k easily, in which i'd rather spend the extra £500 and get a new one with the 3 year warranty! Only one i've seen going on ebay in the last month! Appear to be pretty rare.

Thanks for your input guys

Regards
Jamie

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Found one second hand one on ebay, 3 days into it's 10 day auction and it's at £800 already, Can see it fetching over 1k easily, in which i'd rather spend the extra £500 and get a new one with the 3 year warranty! Only one i've seen going on ebay in the last month! Appear to be pretty rare.

It because its a C30-94 which coveres a large range of cars, especially those with 'got VTEC yo' so they will be popular.

My only suggestion is you list it on ebay as requiring a rebuild and then use the funds towards a new one. What are they, £1600 new?