ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS 200 Newbie. A few questions.

RS 200
Hello all.

I've just purchased a 61 plate RS200 with cup chassis, recaros, Renaultsport logos, etc. in albi blue and have a few questions.

Firstly, my car does not "beep" when approaching the rev limit. Is this only applicable to cars with the Renaultsport monitor or do they all do it ?

What books should be supplied with the car ? I've got the audio book, Renaultsport Clio handbook and standard Clio handbook. There are pages in the back of the standard Clio handbook for dealer service stamps. Does this book also act as the service book ?

Anything I should watch out for specific to the car ? I've had a good look round on the forum and nothing really jumped out at me.

I've had plenty of performance cars; a couple of Honda S2000's, Civic Type R (FN2), Ford Focus ST, etc. and always found the owners forums very helpful. I'm sure the same will apply here.

Thanks in advance and be gentle with me :).

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Car will beep if you rev it enough-

Service book is now part of the handbook-

Watch out for the gearbox crunching- as they are fragile-

regards
S

Inferno 182 Cup
normally you get a towing guide and a service / network guide or something...yea the service book is at the back of the handbook in the later models. cant help you with the beep thing sorry...happy motoring!

200 GORDINI
Hello all.

I've just purchased a 61 plate RS200 with cup chassis, recaros, Renaultsport logos, etc. in albi blue and have a few questions.

Firstly, my car does not "beep" when approaching the rev limit. Is this only applicable to cars with the Renaultsport monitor or do they all do it ?

What books should be supplied with the car ? I've got the audio book, Renaultsport Clio handbook and standard Clio handbook. There are pages in the back of the standard Clio handbook for dealer service stamps. Does this book also act as the service book ?

Anything I should watch out for specific to the car ? I've had a good look round on the forum and nothing really jumped out at me.

I've had plenty of performance cars; a couple of Honda S2000's, Civic Type R (FN2), Ford Focus ST, etc. and always found the owners forums very helpful. I'm sure the same will apply here.

Thanks in advance and be gentle with me :).
come on guys? i too have just purchased a rs200,any help would be appreciated:approve:

RS 200
Car will beep if you rev it enough-

Service book is now part of the handbook-

Watch out for the gearbox crunching- as they are fragile-

regards
S

Thanks for the reply.

I have revved the car very close to the redline and it does not beep.

I was wondering if it is possible this fuction has been turned off. My car does not have the RS monitor as I believe the point at which the car beeps is adjustabe via the monitor.

Rusty Cup
Funny you should say yours doesn't beep, I've got a sneaking suspicion mine has stopped beeping. I've hit the limiter a couple of times recently and I'm sure I've not heard it beep. Not really fussed as the beeps pretty gay IMO.

Try taking the top of the airbox off it gives a lush induction roar. No pounds, awesome noise = Win.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
When mine arrives, first thing I'm doing is deactivating that beep, that will get right on my baps !

RS 200
Did the light flash to change but no beep?

Check the brake pins aren't siezed
gearboxes are made of cheese
The kangarooing is stupid lol

Welcome to the club :)

Thanks

Apologies for being a bit dim (I've only had the car a few days) but where is the light? On the dash (speedo) or on the multifuction display ? I'll keep an eye out for it.

Also, how would I know if the brake pins are seized ? (I don't think they will be, the car is 6 months old and has 3k on it but you never know).

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
There's a little green light (think it's a gear stick pic) that flashes on the dash at the same time as the beep.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]It's on the rev counter, it's a gear stick with a '+' next to it, goes green just before you bounce it off the limiter :approve:[/FONT]

When mine arrives, first thing I'm doing is deactivating that beep, that will get right on my baps !

You really have to go for it for it to beep. How hard do you drive day to day lol?

RS 200
I test drove a different car before I bought this one and it beeped around 6,750 revs. To be honest I found it annoying.

I was "testing" my car on the day I bought it :D

Definately no beep

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
If it beeped around 6,750 on the test drive sounds like the engine wasn't fully up to temperature.

The limiter and light operate at lower revs until all is warmed through...can't say for certain as I've never revved mine hard when cold, but I'd imagine the beep is lower too.

Get yours fully warmed through, stick it in second, and find 7,500 rpm. You'll hear it.

RS 200
If it beeped around 6,750 on the test drive sounds like the engine wasn't fully up to temperature.

The limiter and light operate at lower revs until all is warmed through...can't say for certain as I've never revved mine hard when cold, but I'd imagine the beep is lower too.

Get yours fully warmed through, stick it in second, and find 7,500 rpm. You'll hear it.

That is a very good point

The car I tested probably wasn't fully up to temperature yet the salesman encouraged me to rev the 'nads off it :).

I still didn't buy it because it was overpriced. Still, there was a free barbeque at the dealership that day. Not many punters though :D

Thanks, I didn't realise the beep was set so high, I've only managed 7k revs in mine so far.

Also, I'm just re-fixing the front number plate. It was coming slightly adrift and was held on with sticky pads. I don't think they stick very well to the shiney gloss black bumper.

Does anyone know the signifigance of the small dimples in the number plate holder part of the bumper or can I just screw through any part of this area ?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'd buy some of those Velcro coins. Much neater than screwing them into the panels.

Ive always used them. You'll only need one at each end of the plate.