ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Clio 172 Cup

Kawasaki ER6N
Right so fancied buying a more grown up car that was still quick so ended up settling on a 172 cup.

Not many pics from when I got it as had to go to liverpool to collect it but there is this one had 75k when I collected it.

IMG_0066.jpg

Car didnt come with much history but has had all the belts done by the garage I got it from, however there was this receipt in the folder.

IMG_0067.jpg

So loved the drive home and the 42mpg I averaged all the way back so quick pic on the drive.

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

However it had a few issues the main one being the knocking from the engine bay which I suspected was the mounts so yesterday I replaced the gearbox mount with a Ktec one which is not as easy as I expected due to the size of the engine lol.

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

So got the old mount off and I think it was fucked can you spot the reason?

IMG_0358.jpg

So once that was done gave ktec another call and ordered a polybush dogbone bush and the next morning this arrived.

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

And a pic of it fitted

IMG_0370.jpg

Loving the car so far has a few small bits that need doing but nothing I cant handle.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Loving Cups more and more. Make sure you keep it standard mate! Cosmetically anyway;)

Stripped yozza'd cup
They look wonderful in pictures :) definitely all about keeping them standard looking. Has the replacement gearbox mount comletely cured the knocking? I have just ordered one too.... hoping it will cure my problems!

Kawasaki ER6N
Receipt is to fit a 182 box.

Also yes the gearbox mount pretty much cured any knocks but after changing the dogbone to it feels so much better.

Kawasaki ER6N
Had a few issues with the rear wiper coming on whenever I turned the front ones on despite being switch off on the stalk so removed it today.

84b535e2.gif

Megane r26
OOOOOO nice motor dude come over from the darkside lol i remember u from saxp bin to a few meets an convoys i used to have the wicked red vtr from burton

Kawasaki ER6N
No when I used to put the front wiper on the rear one came on to even though it was set to off on the stalk, plus it only cleaned half of the window so easier to remove it lol

Kawasaki ER6N
In the process of changing the wheels as fancy something other than Turinis however I know people like them.

Plans are to change the wheels this week which I know will anger a few people but I like to be different.

Wheels are below on a 182 that Im getting however they are silver now.

Opinions?

Pics stolen from here.

large16.jpg

DSCF3769.jpg

Will do them anthracite I think.

Also getting some carbon wrap to do my bullets and badges.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Is it lowered? If not I don't think you will pull off 15's.

Disastra Coupe
Are they Mk1 Valver wheels? As said, don't think it will pull it off without being lowered, but as you said, you're on the case.

Enjoying the change from Saxo's? I miss mine like hell but the Clio's a good replacement... I'm happy with it.

Kawasaki ER6N
Dont miss the saxo atall the cup is basically a grown up saxo with more power and better build quality.

I admit will look abit high for a few weeks but will get it lowered soon.

Kawasaki ER6N
Right change of plan I have decided to keep the Turini's as deep down I like them better and if I got the Turbines I would need coilies which would add a further £400 to the bill making the benifits of smaller wheels get outweighed by the drawbacks.

So new plan is to refurbish the Turinis in anthracite and pick up some eibach sportlines to give a small drop.

197 FF Glacier White
Had a few issues with the rear wiper coming on whenever I turned the front ones on despite being switch off on the stalk so removed it today.

84b535e2.gif

Is that not supposed to happen? I know it does a sweep when you engage reverse, wouldn't be so strange if it gave a single sweep when you switched the fronts on?

I might go and find out!

G

Kawasaki ER6N
But surely if its off at the stalk it shouldn't come on?

It used to be intermittent sometimes it would come on others it wouldn't so easier just to remove.

1.2 clio
Turini's = sexy :D... IMO i would slam it!! i saw a cup slammed on Turini's rear was strip with half role cage.... did look sexy

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
IMG_0067.jpg

Interesting, a "high performance 182 gearbox" in a 172 cup. Strange as a 182 uses ABS sensors to drive the speedo, and a 172 Cup has a direct drive from the gearbox?

large16.jpg

^Also really like this, makes me want a 182 Cup lol! I have a thing for an Inferno Cup at the mo :S

Kawasaki ER6N
Right been a busy few days and the car looks abit different to what it did however I know its not going to be to everyones taste but I like to be a bit different.

So I have sprayed the wheels and the mirror caps in anthracite and used some carbon wrap on a few other bits as you will see below.

Also fitted a slim front plate and of course the shed sticker.

Yes I know I need tyre shine it was getting dark so didnt do that today and yes before you say it Karl I need a splitter.

Comments welcome.

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I did exactly the same thing with the horrid blue trim in my cup, lol.

O/T but why do some cups not have the splitter? 8ish years of abuse and renault quality or were they optional?