ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Monaco Clio surprise (Renault Clio R.S.16)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Meg engined apparently. 275bhp.
Well, I'd love to see that for sale and people saying they needed to make up for the 200EDC is one thing (especially when they say it was a success overall, just not in the UK) but in reality making a car that'll be quicker than the next model up doesn't make much sense.

That said, I'd love one ofc.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'll guess the next Meg will be pushing 320bhp so this as a special run clio will keep fans interested until the Meg appears. I'll also predict that the clio trophy will be upped to 250bhp after thus has died down, maybe with a face-lift to match the new Meg.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
If it's 30k plus I still think I'd rather have the type r or golf r. It would be good if they gave the standard sport 220bhp and a manual box and kept the costs down.

SG 200
If it's 30k plus I still think I'd rather have the type r or golf r. It would be good if they gave the standard sport 220bhp and a manual box and kept the costs down.
Agree. If its 30k then there is too much competition at that price range. I think I'd prefer the AWD Focus RS at that money

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The standard RS should've been what the Trophy is - quick 'box, modest power hike over the previous generation to make up for the loss of .4 litres and NA revviness, generally fairly sporty.

This is what the Trophy should've been.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Like everyone said, the Megane 225 evolved to the R26.R, the 172 to the 182 Trophy and so on and so forth, so it bodes well for this IMO.

I'am genuinely excited by this, just praying they can pull it off, looks ace! really does.

The mk3 Clio didn't get a special final fair well before the mk4 came out :(

This is hopefully their apology for that, and the mk4

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Now that looks awesome. I would definitely have one. Looks so mean.

An orange one
I think a lot of people are missing the point.

They will EASILY sell 500 of these. No trouble whatsoever.

Yes it's what the original 200T should have been, and yes it's probably overpriced at north of £30k. But do I want one? Too f**king right I do!

Exactly! I'm already sitting here wondering how I can justify one! Haven't felt excited about a Renault since the R26.R in 2008!

baysthebest

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172/172Cup/182
This is exciting! I work for a Renault dealer and we have just this week had details of the new Clio Ph2 and although there was no mention of a new RS model they did show a picture of the new 3 stage LED light design (which are on these Clio pictures) so I am hoping that this is genuine so I can get back into another!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good, happy with my 220 trophy purchase though as a. I wouldn't be able to afford it, and b. Wife wouldn't like it as a daily.

Interesting to see if it makes production but I doubt it, however it would be good to see a more extreme Clio.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Few new Pics have emerged appears to be another test Car (Minus the flared arches) also has the Aero catches on the bonnet so presume they have had to squeeze the F4RT in quite bit.

photon16600f40031.jpg

Clearly a Gear stick in this Pic along with the paddles not present on the Steering wheel

10_zpsn9wazfsb.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Clearly they've realised the 200T has abit of a crap reputation and they needed to put some spice back into the brand.
Pity they couldn't just use the basics from the 220 Trophy to begin with, or just had the option of a manual box??

BMW M4; S1000 RR
A good year for the car and I'd be super tempted by a Mk4 if the only change was a manual box. I do like the idea of having an auto option- but apart from stop start traffic I still prefer a clutch.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Few new Pics have emerged appears to be another test Car (Minus the flared arches) also has the Aero catches on the bonnet so presume they have had to squeeze the F4RT in quite bit.

photon16600f40031.jpg

Clearly a Gear stick in this Pic along with the paddles not present on the Steering wheel

10_zpsn9wazfsb.jpg

Looks good in black

If they make it 90% as good as a 275 it'll go like a stabbed rat

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
Wow cant believe its took this long to build another clio that is worth having , come on renault everybody knows you guys know how to build a mega hot hatch , dare i say id sooner have this than a focus rs, for me if the specs 250bhp ,lsd , recaros ,brembos ,michelin cup 2 , akraprovic , manual box , its a winner and true return to form

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Wow cant believe its took this long to build another clio that is worth having , come on renault everybody knows you guys know how to build a mega hot hatch , dare i say id sooner have this than a focus rs, for me if the specs 250bhp ,lsd , recaros ,brembos ,michelin cup 2 , akraprovic , manual box , its a winner and true return to form
And what would you be willing to pay for this? £30k? More? A £30k clio would surely make the A45 AMG look like good vlaue.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
And what would you be willing to pay for this? £30k? More? A £30k clio would surely make the A45 AMG look like good vlaue.

Wasn't the v6 £28ish grand when new?

I bet people at the time said similar things to you.

Obviously, it's just hearsay at the moment so there's no fixed price or spec. But if it's. £30k manual 1.6, then yes, it'll be ridiculous. But if it's a £30k Meg engined 'proper 200t', then yeah, it could be an epic buy and desirable model in the future.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Can't wait to see the official spec's of this.
You would like to think it will come in at the 25k mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Wasn't the v6 £28ish grand when new?

I bet people at the time said similar things to you.

Obviously, it's just hearsay at the moment so there's no fixed price or spec. But if it's. £30k manual 1.6, then yes, it'll be ridiculous. But if it's a £30k Meg engined 'proper 200t', then yeah, it could be an epic buy and desirable model in the future.
Can't compare the Vee to a FWD hatch. The Vee was a massive departure, totally different chassis, drive train (including orientation!), body etc.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Just seen this

"Renault Group UK Press Office

SPECIAL CLIO RENAULT SPORT SET FOR MONACO DEBUT

To mark its fortieth anniversary and celebrate Renault's return as a Formula 1 team, Renault Sport will be unveiling a special version of Clio R.S. at the legendary Monaco Grand Prix.

Patrice Ratti, Managing Director of Renault Sport Cars, said: "We successfully completed the project of a slightly crazy car. It was a joint effort by the Renault Sport Cars and Renault Sport Racing teams. This Clio R.S. refines the expertise of Renault Sport engineers whilst exploring new avenues for the future".

The entire Renault Sport team will be in Monaco on Friday, 27 May to demonstrate how Renault makes the connection between the racetrack and the road and to reveal what is behind the design of this very special Clio R.S."