ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS monitor on clio 200

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
what functionality does it have?

if im right in thinking the megane one has different throttle maps and a boost guage, obviously no boost on the clio but what about the different maps, are they worth having on a 200 or a bit pointless? g meter doesnt interest me lol

Megane 275 trophy006
The 200 doesn't get the mapping abilities the megane does. I think it mainly does oil temps/g force

There's a good video on youtube about it.

Basically it's so you can see how many g's you can hit on a roundabout.

Golf 7R
Bluetooth
G-meter
Laptimer
0-60 & 1/4 mile

It's basically a tool to boast to friends that you pulled a 4G inverted dive with a MiG 28.

Cool vid. Dab of oppo FTW.

EDIT: Is that dk in the Megane racer? It's basically a Meg 250 with stance. Right?

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
cheers guys, no point specing one on a 200 then, does it deffo do oil temperature or is that just the megane one too? that could possibly sway me!

Nissan 350z
cheers guys, no point specing one on a 200 then, does it deffo do oil temperature or is that just the megane one too? that could possibly sway me!

Aparently it "calculates" oil temp based on a number of factors as there is no oil temp sensor fitted.... go figure :nono:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The 200 does sideways very well for a fat, ugly b*****d.

I dont see the point in speccing the monitor unless it's destined to be a half arsed track ****.

I say half arsed because It would need a bit of dashboard obv ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no chance! im thinking possibly alien green non cup with cup suspension, speedlines, recaros, bluetooth and spoiler.

need to wait until the ph1 shifts then ill start shopping about for the best deal trading in my GT

Megane 225 F1
That 200 gets some proper abuse. Love it. Wonder how many people have tried that and binned it.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
One thing worth mentioning with the Renaultsport monitor is that it has the much more attractive radio display (more pixels and far easier to read) as the £410 price includes the Bluetooth and USB plug-in. (normally £290)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i would be going for the bluetooth upgrade anyway as my GT has it and i agree the screen is much nicer, so i suppose for the sake of £120 its probably worth it! ill be in touch richard when i shift my ph1! if i can shift it!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
With the RS monitor you get RenaultSport displayed on the screen when the radio is off. I opted for it as I had bluetooth so wasn't that much more.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
do the cars with bluetooth not get this anyway as i saw a guy in france flashed his DCi so it showed the RS logo rather than the normal renault logo that ours shows

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
From what I seen cars before the RS monitor was introduced didn't have the RS displayed but they had bluetooth.