ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Side Skirt fitting to REP!

Ultra Red Clio 197
For those of you that have built 172/182 Reps can you tell me how you fitted the RS side skirts? I also have the full kit including front bumper, wings and archliners before anyone says I need them! lol..

I have 16 of the plastic brackets (8 for each side if required) and plan to drill the sills then rivet the plastic brackets on. Though by drilling the sills this will open it up to water and then rust setting in so planned to use black silicone or under seal to seal the holes.

The only thing im not so sure on is the best way to get the brackets positioned in the correct place to match the little bits that stick out on the reverse of the side skirt. How did you go about measuring and spacing them correctly?

Im going to be doing this next weekend so appreciate any thoughts or advice that anyone can give!

Cheers

1.2 Dynamique billabong
hey buddy i need to do this too as one of mine has come away slightly, i also have the clips. mine is currently glued and screwed in the right places so what i am planning on doing is using mask tape to run a line along the car where the top of the skirt comes up to, then see how far up into the skirt the brackets fit and attach them to the car the same distance from the masking tape.

hope that makes sense, obviously for me its a little easier as i have already got the skirts in the right position

Ultra Red Clio 197
yeah, makes sense.. masking tape sounds like a good idea as it would keep all of the brackets on the same line.. Would you use the method ive mentioned above by drilling then riveting the brackets on? I have underseal and silicone though dont know if it would be necessary to use it.. I just dont want the water getting in if you know what I mean.

Fitting the bumper and wings will be easy, but with the skirts im just going to take my time.. Booked all next weekend off work so roll on thursday 4pm when I can get started! Thanks for the tip.. hope you get yours sorted out too.

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Let me know if you need a hand at any point, I am off next weekend too so would be more than happy to help!

Ultra Red Clio 197
Let me know if you need a hand at any point, I am off next weekend too so would be more than happy to help!

Cheers Stewart.. You'll be pleased to hear that eventually everything has been painted! Wish I could start fitting tomorrow, but of course work gets in the way! i'll be fitting them up at my dads in Larne as its easier than lugging all the bits back to Ards as I dont have any space to store them. Hopefully it wont take the whole weekend up so i'll have time on sunday to come say hello for that mini meet you were talking about!!

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
That sunday meet was today! Lol, sure we can go get some pics anyway, sorry for spamming your topic btw.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah i would drill the hole, then put sealant round the hole and then rivet it in place so the sealant keeps the hole water tight