ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs tuner 7300 software version issue, help needed.

clio sport 172
Hey all,

So i just bought 1 of these rstuner units from fastchip hooked it up to my car and found out im running software 7300 and cal 5410. vin CB1N.

There dont seem to be any files for the 7300 on fastchip site but there is an upgrade to 8200 software rst file.

I thought you shouldnt change the software version from the first digit 7***_**** and also if i upgrade there is a version for 'fin style' ECU what is fin style and how do I know if mine is such a thing and which 8200 rst file is the correct 1 to change from 7300 for my 172?

Thats 1 prob and here is the next I would like to have the overrun map for my 172 but it dont seem to be available for the 7300 software version nor for the upgraded 8200 software version for the 172 but it is available for the 182 8200 version so in order to get the overrun it seems i need to run the 6500 software version as it is available for the 172 with 6500 version, so if i can upgrade from 7300 to 8200 does this mean i can go the other way from 7300 to 6500?

hope this makes sense. cheers, Stu

ps its a 2003 model 172 sport.

172 Cup
Full ecu write
8200_7804_OEM.rst

Cal write
cal 172 8200 5411 1110 RON98

I don't think the overrun is available for the 172

xu5

172 cup
I am having the exact same dilema with my 172 cup, apart I don't want the over run map.
Have you carried out the procedure you mentioned on your 172 new2?

xu5

172 cup
Done this today as described by new2 for my 172 cup that was originally 7300 ECU.
Took about 20 minutes to write ECU and then cal file and everything is fine! Thanks again to new2.

clio sport 172
Thanks new2 for the info,

I e-mailed Henk from fastchip late last night for some help and by 5 this morning i had an e-mail back asking for a screen shot of the rstuner hooked up to my car so he could see all the details he needed so before i went to work i got that sent to him and by 10 this morning Henk mailed me a full write upgrade and a cal map and are exactly what new2 has posted all by the cal map ending 5E11 as i this the one Henk sent me is the latest available.

so to sort out from the 7300 software you need to:-

upgrade to 8200_7804_OEM.rst (full ECU write) which changes the software from 7300 - 8200

then install the cal. file cal 172 8200 5E11 1110 RON98.

I have installed this to my car tonight when i got in from work and i have to say the difference is increadable for what it is. the limiter is raised to approx 7500rpm, the low down torque is fantastic for a N/A engine and the drive is so smooth. You dont seem to notice the 5k kick so much anymore but this is due to the torque been so much higher throughout the whole rpm range. its such a pleasure to drive now and i'm already looking forward to a good weekend blast.

Some people say Henk from fastchip is not very helpful or quick to respond but i have to say from ersonal experience his aftersale for customers is great, he is a very busy man but seems to have a lot of time for customers, Henk's knowledge and experience is second to none and he certainly knows his stuff.

Many thanks to Henk for sorting my issues out so quickly and thanks to new2 for the required info to.

Cheers Guys.

Megane RS 250
stuey now I'm really relieved, I was worried that Henk wouldn't give support to the Clio 2 anymore.
I'll do it the same procedure as you (did you use a battery charger?) on my '02 172, seems a very good upgrade!
Does it feel smother at idle and better at cold starts as other people say?

p.s. we're also the same age!

clio sport 172
Hey Gardus,
I've noticed that Henk has taken the clio 2 off his shop page for the cal maps but if you mail him he would be more than willing to help anyone out and send the maps direct.
I did put battery charger on to upload the original map full read of ECU and to do a full write of the upgrade. But if im perfectly honest i dont think it was necessary as it only took 20 mins to full read and 20mins to full write. If you look closely at the manual from rstuner it only states a batt charger needed for the clio 3 and megans as the fan kicks in on them but not on the clio 2. This been my personal point of view but i think i would still connect the charger anyway. oh and my charger is just a cheap auto charger from ya local auto center so not the 10A version as is stated.

clio sport 172
oh p.s Gardus to finish answering ya question. Its a lot smoother on tickover from cold and smoother at low revs from cold. You will always notice a slight rumble at any temp due to the vvti cam system.

Its a great upgrade and would recommend it to anyone it just wants to keep revving and pulling, you have to change gear well before the power drops off as the limiter kicks in at 7500rpm and well before the power drop.