ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner...again. (I'm sorry!!)

Arctic 182
As title guys, apologies for the thread. I've done all the research I can believe me.
I will attach some atrocious photos of my netbook screen from my iPhone to illustrate my problem, which is;

When I go into 'about' on the RS Tuner software I'm supposed to get a 25 digit code to send off to Henk with the order. However all I get is a 22 digit code. I have emailed him but thought I'd pop a thread up because 1: impatient & 2: someone might have an answer.
Cheers.
Chris.
basejunu.jpg

Only 25 digit codes are processed, if not the interface is outdated.

Hope this answers your questions,
Kind Regards Henk

Unsure how you update the interface? If not I just got an rs tuner that does work lol

Arctic 182
Only 25 digit codes are processed, if not the interface is outdated.

Kind Regards Henk

Unsure how you update the interface? If not I just got an rs tuner that does work lol

I'm honestly quite confused at this point! Waiting to hear back over email (sent yesterday morning) & hope there is another answer. Where did you get that reply from mate? Gonna have to tag some people in!
Any ideas please lads?! Cub. MartinR ThomasBrentnall

Arctic Blue 182
When I click 'about' i get this screen

New Bitmap Image.jpg

see at the bottom where it says update 'fastchip vci' and a button 'update firmware'. That i reckon is what you be looking for!

You will need to download the latest firmware from the fastchip website which is in the downloads section.

Should have you sorted i will send you my fee.

Arctic 182
When I click 'about' i get this screen

View attachment 113634

see at the bottom where it says update 'fastchip vci' and a button 'update firmware'. That i reckon is what you be looking for!

You will need to download the latest firmware from the fastchip website which is in the downloads section.

Should have you sorted i will send you my fee.

Just downloaded the update from the site, clicked firmware update & loaded the file, then got this error message

590c6c64948d87b5e1f991f97ba75fd9.jpg

I've read things about versions of windows not working with it. I'm using my brothers netbook rather than a proper laptop. Gonna pop round sisters & try it on hers.

Arctic 182
Just received a reply from Henk

"Thanks Chris,

177 Firmware box has to be sent to us for a firmware upgrade.
This is only required for reprogramming , for diagnostics you can use the box as it is.
Kind Regards Henk"

I've messaged the person I bought it from to ask if he actually managed to remap his car with the box but at the minute I can't help but feel like I've wasted my money...

'05 BG RS182 FF
These boxes are locked to the car they're used with initially.

If you've brought it 2nd hand from somebody and they've already used it for programming their own car then you'll need an unlock code from Fastchip. That's my understanding of the official process and your situation anyway :)

Although, I might be misunderstanding the circumstances..

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
that's not his situation. He is trying to buy the unlock code but cant as the firmware is outdated on the VCI. The older VCI's are NOT updatable via the software and needs to be sent back to fastchip as advised. I think update via software started somewhere after fw181 iirc. To give you an idea how out of date it is, mine is on fw189s1-100.

You may however still be able to map your car provided you are using the older version of the software and have the old 'unlocked' version of the maps + get henk to do an old style unlock (bit of a long shot on that last bit mind you). Make sure you make a full backup first in case it goes wrong.

Arctic 182
that's not his situation. He is trying to buy the unlock code but cant as the firmware is outdated on the VCI. The older VCI's are NOT updatable via the software and needs to be sent back to fastchip as advised. I think update via software started somewhere after fw181 iirc. To give you an idea how out of date it is, mine is on fw189s1-100.

You may however still be able to map your car provided you are using the older version of the software and have the old 'unlocked' version of the maps + get henk to do an old style unlock (bit of a long shot on that last bit mind you). Make sure you make a full backup first in case it goes wrong.

Thanks for the advice mate. I've replied to Henk & asked him what the process is to send it back to him for an upgrade. He may reply with the solution you mentioned but it may be in my best interest to send it off & get it upgraded.
That way once I've used it I can at least put it back on here advertised as an updated box & get the money back I paid for it.

Thanks for the advice mate. I've replied to Henk & asked him what the process is to send it back to him for an upgrade. He may reply with the solution you mentioned but it may be in my best interest to send it off & get it upgraded.
That way once I've used it I can at least put it back on here advertised as an updated box & get the money back I paid for it.

Post the out come please and I've also asked him this,

Arctic 182
Post the out come please and I've also asked him this,

Yeah no worries mate I'll keep the thread updated. Just a bit annoyed that I've gotta wait for the map! Was looking forward to getting it done. From what I've read about it it's worth it.

Arctic 182
Just a little update;
I've heard from Henk who has told me I can pop it in the post to him (Netherlands, I thought he was in the Philippines as the website states!) & pay to get the box upgraded. I have since messaged the seller who has very kindly offered to refund the cost of the upgrade! Hope it all goes smoothly & I can finally have my remap!! dmallett
Thanks to everyone who has offered advice.