ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs tuner - 'cannot connect to ECM'

Has anyone had this problem before? it's on a ph1 172, ignition on only, try to connect it to the car it's days the above but then the bottom of the window comes up as connected.
It also reads the fault codes but cannot delete then, and it is unable to read the ecu.

Anyone any idea's?

What are the fault codes? The one about throttle position everyone gets so don't worry on that one.

But iirc the ecu has to be clear of all fault codes before before allowing you to do anything. Plus as fatty said above you need it to be unlocked to be able to read the ecu. Only diagnostics can be used otherwise, also if the other fault codes are on the ecm/pcm??? You need another module to access that area for the likes of airbag and abs faults

No, it hasn't, it should still be able to connect to my car though and delete the fault codes?

Yes it should. There is a certain tick box during installation of the computer software on the laptop, that needs selecting. But i can't remember where abouts it is an a fair few have had the same problem on here.

What are the fault codes? The one about throttle position everyone gets so don't worry on that one.

But iirc the ecu has to be clear of all fault codes before before allowing you to do anything. Plus as fatty said above you need it to be unlocked to be able to read the ecu. Only diagnostics can be used otherwise, also if the other fault codes are on the ecm/pcm??? You need another module to access that area for the likes of airbag and abs faults

Cheers Martin,
There is no throttle position one with it being a ph1 funnily enough, there is the carbon canister one and immobiliser link that are in orange and a abs and O2 one that are in red?

I didn't know you needed them unlocked to 'read ecu' I will buy the unlock code today and install it on another computer making sure all the box's are ticked.

Cheers

Lol my bad yes ph1 and cable throttle;).

But as said you also need to remove those fault codes. But if you don't has the optional extra "abs module" you shall struggle.

Could also be old faults that have been rectified but not removed.