ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Help

Hi i have just bought an RS Tuner of a lad on here, I have read through the RSTuner guide.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?667018-RStuner-guide

downloaded to software off the fastchip website but when i open the program it keeps saying FASTCHIP VCI NOT FOUND!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Also i dont have the option to unlock the rs tuner so i can use it on my car. so i can not Unlock VCI” or get a 19 digit code unlock code. Also can not access any ecu info on the rs tuner program.

This is what comes up when i click 'ABOUT' The only think i can click is update firmware then it asks me to Load firmware file what i dont have?

20130130_210139.jpg

20130130_211039.jpg

[/FONT]

Any help would be a big help.

Thanks

Clio 197
I have no experience of the rs tuner but I think an email to henk would be in order, do you know how old the rs tuner is out of interest ?

Just read on the website that they dont run with windows 8 :( had to run the program through my dads laptop with windows 7, all seems to be running ok at the minute.

Just read on the website that they dont run with windows 8

They DO ! From firmware 189 onwards. With firmware 189_102 or higher you don't even have to install a driver any more under Windows 8.

I have Clicked on “write ecu” and my documents folder popped up. i selected the new RST file:

RSTuner_EL_6500_5404_Decat_Overrun_RON98_1110_2162.cal

All was fine and said go a head ect... in the green box but reading through the guide on here it says thats the file i should put on the Write CAL. Will there be any problems with me installing that onto the Write ECU or will it be ok and just upload the other file i have to the write ECU:

8200293034_6500_5404.rst

All was working fine, Write ecu went through fine and said successful ect... reconected and started with the write cal file. Came up with the green continue and started writing file. got to the end of the file and said failed!

No my RSTuner WILL NOT read my ECU.

Any idea what the problem would be?

clio 172 phase 2
You need to manually you install the rs tuner driver thats why its not recongnising the vci . As for the correct file henk should of sent you the right one for your car from the screen shot off the ecu info you need to send him .

Also if your trying somone else's map dont bother because there all encrypted to each car now . I,e cant share maps anymore .

The write ecu file i was sent was off the lad i bought the RSTuner off and all went through fine but the Write CAL file failed right at the end of uploading and now my RSTuner wont read my ECU and my car wont start either :(

How do i restore the standard settings that i saved when setting up the RSTuner?

The write ecu file i was sent was off the lad i bought the RSTuner off and all went through fine but the Write CAL file failed right at the end of uploading and now my RSTuner wont read my ECU and my car wont start either :(

How do i restore the standard settings that i saved when setting up the RSTuner?

Write ECU with the rst backup you made or order a performance cal from me.

The file i uploaded was:

RST_6400_2A07_2013-01-31_08-07.RST

What brought up this what looks to me to be already what is on the ecu am right?

20130131_084807.jpg

clio 172 phase 2
my friend is having this problem , it will not update the rst file to 8,200 it stays at 8,000 but the new cal file is 8,200 and will not go onto the ecu it says upgrade to 8,200 but when i select the 8,200 rst upgrade file it says its uploading the 8,000m im confused to hell now ive done 3 cars and this ones being a pain for some reason

Nothing as of yet. Was 11pm last night i bought it. Also send them an email what has not been replied too either?
Will leave it till tomorrow after work and see if i get anything then.

Just read through the rest of the thread properly and i would 95% say that your car is already RSTuner'd...

Henk should confirm via email, as he will see from the screenshot you sent.

No the car wouldnt start with them on so had to write the ecu backup files back on. Couldnt get the CAL file i was sent for the RON98 ver run to install as it was sent to me off someone on here. Have been told each map will only work on 1 car thts why i put it back to standard file and bought a new over run file from Henk.