ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS tuner license

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Can anyone quickly tell me if a standard RS Tuner at 199 euros comes with a license and a map? i am trying to find out before i buy a second had one that i need to purchase a map and license for?

Thanks
Willo

CursedTitanium 182FF
If you buy a new one you don't need a licence for it. It will lock it self to your car upon connection. The licence is just for second hand ones to unlock it to use on another car. It will come with the 98 Ron map iirc.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Thanks for the quick reply, so a new one is literally plug and play?

Thanks
Willo

Titanium Clio 182
Yeah they r unlocked and I think it's the Ron 98 map as standard. Pops and bangs is slightly more expensive i think. Just remember if u buy a new one with shipping costs etc it will won't be quicker or cheaper than buying one and getting it unlocked as one already in this country usually. I paid the going rate of 115 for second hand tuner then unlock license and map about another 69 € which is about £ 56 . Hope this helps.

Titanium Clio 182
No that's v6 mate it's everybody's mistake. I'm guessing it's for a 182 that u want it for ? Change the drop down menu at bottom to Clio 2 and will drop to 40€

CursedTitanium 182FF
Keep in mind that the RSTuner will lock your ECU, so if you wanted to go to a tuning company for a remap in this country, they will have trouble reading the ECU.