ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs tuner

Megane 2 GT 165
Henk(fastchip) or anyone else will post, but you can download the software from the website if I remember correctly.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
you can find out which .rst and .cal file you need by checking your chassis number, if you need any help feel free to pm me.

titanium 182,
cheers for the replys the problem im having is that the laptop im using doesnt recognise the rs tuner via the usb port i have followed the pdf manual but it still wont install via the usb port ? am i doing something wrong ? i havnt got to the stage were im pulling info out or in the car yet

titanium 182,
right this is doing my head in now ive downloaded the vci driver and it still wont find it on my laptop via new hardware found though there is a icon on my dektop for the vci driver im now completely lost ?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
:(

When you plug the main device in you should get a found new hardware wizard pop up on your laptop yes? Once this pops up you will need to give it it vci driver file you downloaded. Job done!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
have you pointed it exactly at the file in question? Ive done this install many time with no problems, seems strange.

titanium 182,
right the vci driver icon is on my desktop when i go into the new hardware found it doesnt show me the vci driver anywere to even click on it ? i have scrolled through all the drivers and it isnt there to click on

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
greeny congrats mate did you do the RR yet ?

Nope, my laptop is broken :(

right the vci driver icon is on my desktop when i go into the new hardware found it doesnt show me the vci driver anywere to even click on it ? i have scrolled through all the drivers and it isnt there to click on

I take it you have unzipped the vci driver first?

It wont be on the list to click on mate, you will to find the file its looking for manually.

titanium 182,
im gonna have to give up before it all goes out of my bedroom window cheers for your help peeps maybe i will get it sorted tomorow :(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Maybe we should sort out some remote assistance :) Im off for an early night but thats an option if your still not having any luck tomorrow. Ill be able to do it at work in the day for you if your about, pm me if interest and will be around!

First make sure you downloaded the correct VCI driver for RSTuner hardware.
It is no different than installing any other hardware device. However you have to manually point the windows hardware wizard to the location where you unpacked the VCI driver.

- plug in VCI USB port
- the laptop tries to find the 'driver file' , if it fails to find the driver, use the hardware installation wizard to manually 'point' the wizard to your 'unpacked VCI driver' folder instead. That's it.

Last edited:
  titanium 182,
right guys i have installed the driver the only 1 on the site
should there be an icon to start the rs tuner to communicate ?
if i plug it into the car nothing happens and no screen opens up, if i go to the device manager there is an icon fastchip vci_usb
when i enable it ie use this device nothing still happens if i trouble shoot it it says device is working ? yes youve guessed it im lost again :)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
The driver allows the PC software talk to the box that talks to the car.

You still need the PC software as well to actually do stuff.

So on the Faschip site you want the Driver and the RSTuner software.

There is a section in downloads called driver, and a section in downloads called software, you need both.

There is also a download section called quickstart which has a guide iirc.

titanium 182,
its all up and running now cheers guys and fast chip would of been lost without you ;) i didnt load up the software doh thanks again god ive been champing at the bit lol
anyhow cb22 with a milteck exhaust in a day or so, what map do we reckon then peeps :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Is there a Group N ECU for the 182? There is a config file you can download though! I loaded the 172 one last weekend and my car has been flying since, seems to pull much better than the previous release I loaded. Really wanna lob my car on a RR

BMW M135i
O/T but how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? Looking at getting one myself.

Also did you get done by customs for VAT when it came into the country?

182 ff with cup pack's
O/T but how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? Looking at getting one myself.

Also did you get done by customs for VAT when it came into the country?

i payed £144.95 delivered best money ive spent and dint pay customs:)

BMW M135i
Right that makes sense then, will have to hope I don't get caught too. Now wheres the credit card :eek: :D.

You got a map loaded yet? Much difference?

anyhow cb22 with a milteck exhaust in a day or so, what map do we reckon then peeps

Take your time to get yourself familiar with RSTuner before reprogramming the ECU. Do not rush things.Allways make a full backup of your ECU first. This will test if communication is reliable between the VCI and the ECU.
And most important, read the programming section in the manual. If your not comfortable doing this, ask for help.