ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSI or 16v?

CS Dungeon
I am looking to buy a 1.8 clio tomorrow but not sure wether to go for the RSi or the 16v

The insurance difference is about £100 in favour of the RSi but I prefer the looks of the 16v

What are your opinion?

Thanks

TT

CS Dungeon
Looks unanamous :)

Obviously it does lawson706....otherwise Renault wouldnt of released both variants.

Thanks for the reassurance guys

TT

172 Cup
valver looks much better but i would say that the rsi is a bit more reliable. also the rsi has loads of low down torque. but the valver is very revvy. depends what you want really. i would prob go valver just because they look much better.

DC2 Black Type Rx
Valver also for me. My g/f has a RSI, soon to be for sale if anyone is interested, but the Valver just looks better, sounds better and goes better once revved past 4000 rpm! :)

Neil

Beetle
how is the rsi more reliable Paul??
Valver everytime personally. Did i mention mine was for sale? ;)

CS Dungeon
Scott-16v! said:

Sorry mate but its gotta be a blue un:approve:

Have emailed Jon_r about his in the forsale section:D

RENAULT CLIO 1.4
valver all day u muppet rsi pretty gud but u would regret buying rsi after a week where as valver keeps surprising you.

Clio 182
superrichie said:
the rsi does not look gash like the Valver and is faster through the bends:rasp:

LMAO, the rsi looks like a 1.2! And how is it faster through the bends?!

Car SOLD :-(
RSi's are great fun for embarrasing people away from the lights, a real sleeper. But go for the Valver mate! I ended up spending thousands just to make mine look and go like one!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Get a valver mate.An extra 8 quid a month will mean nothing in insurance compaired to the smile you'll have on your face

ian

1.8 rsi BLACK
FincH said:
Valver.

Only someone who stupidly bought an RSi will say RSi over Valver.
Stupidly...... not at all !!!! imo the valver looks GASH, but hey thats only my opinion,
There must be more of you in favour of the RALLY SPORT INJECTION

172 Cup
Scott-16v! said:

had a few valvers now and they def take a bit of looking after imo.

had an rsi for 2 years also and hasnt missed a beat! also the opinion of a few friends that have had both as well.

172 Cup
FincH said:
Valver.

Only someone who stupidly bought an RSi will say RSi over Valver.

Not true at all! I had both and they are different cars imo. the rsi has loads more lowe down grunt but the valver revs well! depends what you are after.

i agree the valver looks much better though

Saxo VTS
superrichie said:
Stupidly...... not at all !!!! imo the valver looks GASH, but hey thats only my opinion,
There must be more of you in favour of the RALLY SPORT INJECTION

I respect your opinion but I think they look lovely. Can't see how they can look so gash when they do look very similar to a nomral clio except for slightly wider arches and a bonnet vent...must make them gash though I suppose.

I'd say it was stupid as so many people with RSi's either end up buying a 16v, stay with an RSi wishing they had a 16v or get a conversion.

And where does it say it's a Rally Sport Injection? :D

Beetle
Paul.C 16v said:
had a few valvers now and they def take a bit of looking after imo.

had an rsi for 2 years also and hasnt missed a beat! also the opinion of a few friends that have had both as well
mines never missed a beat in the 9 months ive owned it :)

as for valvers looking gash, pmsl:quiet:

J

jamesy

16v all the way trust me matey the amount of times ive heard people refer to the rsi as a poor mans valverLOL