ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner Stalling

Welcome to the L4yer
On Henk's recommendation I am using the following files:

grn_6400_2A07_WEB_RON98.rst
6400_2A07_WEB_RON98.cal

Having a few problems with stalling. Cold start is fine, fires up first time and holds at a steady 1000rpm. After pulling away and coming to a stop the engine is hunting between hardly no revs and 1200rpm. After about 2 mins of this the car always stalls. Has anyone had this problem? I have done some research and it looks like the "idle control stepper motor" could be at fault. I am considering getting a new unit. I have emailed Henk and he says give it a while to allow the ECU to learn. Does anyone have any experience on how long this period takes?

Cheers ;)

Bumder With A Buffer
Well I got mine yesterday too :)

I went from this..

Software Version. 6400
Calibration Version. 5402

Straight too 6400_2A07_WEB_RON98.cal, as thats what Henk said to me in another thread, did that tonight and already noticing it idles a lot differently! I mean before when I pulled up at lights etc it used to almost hold it's revs slightly whereas know it drops to idle straight away :)

You dont have any engine mods at all do you?? Just out of curiosity?

v6
I meant to PM you again Rob, found the other files on the next page :eek:.

That's the same .rst & .cal files i have and mine too used to idle strangely and stall for a bit! It's absolutely fine now, didn't take long to sort itself out, probably only a hundred miles.

Bumder With A Buffer
what so special about "grn_6400_2A07_WEB_RON98.rst" ??

Im wondering whether with my mods i should upgrade to that

v6
I don't think there is anything special about it, it's the .cal that actually is the 'map' i think.

On mine, the software was 6500_xxx or something similar, for which there is no .cal file, so needed to 'downgrade' the ecu software to 6400_xxx to enable me to then upload the 6400_xxx .cal file.

Bumder With A Buffer
Ahh i see! There is a 6500 cal up on the site now though! Maybe thats where im getting confused... I thought you could whack any 6XXX_XXXX.rst file on.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Need to check what im running tbh, not touched it for months! See you all at the Lakeside meet :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
You can dude, I just re-read the manual to refresh my memory on it and thats fine!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
6500_5404 RON98 dec 2008.cal
6500_5B03 RON98 dec 2008.cal

Difference between these though?

Think im running 6400.rst with the 6400_2A07.cal file which ive had on for ages, facny a change really.

Bumder With A Buffer
So it begs the question... whats the difference in them??!! And just so im not going mad does it also say it doesn't matter what .cal file you put in providing the number is the same again?

i.e 6400_2A07.rst could have the 6500_5404 RON98 dec 2008.cal

edit... lol we both pretty much asked/said the same thing there didn't we??!

Bumder With A Buffer
See i thought you could only load the .cal file on the corresponding .rst file

example..

6400_2A07.rst - 6400_2A07 RON98 aug 2008 .cal

but it seems it doesnt matter what .rst file you have you can put any .cal file on there in theory? Providing the numbers are the same of course :)... my god this hurts my head:(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ahh im not sure the 6500.rst files are groupN maps jugding by the file names rich, this might well be what greg is on about. Will check mine out tomorrow!

Edit: I think you will have to have a 6500.rst to use a 6500.cal map and vice versa with 6400

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah thats my understanding too... Do you know whats so special about the base group n 6400.rst file??

Off topic but I just went to get My RSTuner out the car and theres an inch of snow outside??!! Where the hell did that come from! Random weather.

v6
I was going to have another look at what one's i'm running, think i'll do it this weekend now!

When i did mine (months back) there wasn't that 6500 file, looks like it was added in december.

Dan, you're running the same one as me, 6400_2A07, I might upload my original files, see what version that is (sure it is 6500), then try another .cal.

v6
Yeah thats my understanding too... Do you know whats so special about the base group n 6400.rst file??

I remember trying both the group N and 98RON one's, and preferring the 98RON file, not sure on the differences though

Welcome to the L4yer
Thanks for the replys guys. What you said is very helpful Greg. Got a bit of driving to do at the weekend so by the end the ECU should have sorted itself out. Richy, I only have a KTec stealth cat back exhaust at the moment. Planned to have the inlets matched at Jam Sport next. I think the map I am running is fine for mild mods like that.

Bumder With A Buffer
It sounds like it should be better with that group n name but then again it could just sound like it... had a bit of a play with it on the car-pc earlier :) Live data works a treat :)

v6
No probs Rob, hope it sorts itself out!

It sounds like it should be better with that group n name but then again it could just sound like it... had a bit of a play with it on the car-pc earlier :) Live data works a treat :)

Thought you might hook it up to that!

Geek ;)

Bumder With A Buffer
No probs Rob, hope it sorts itself out!

Thought you might hook it up to that!

Geek ;)

;) The only thing thats annoying is the program has a minimum size it can shrink down too :( The screen is only 800x600 in theory and im running it at 1280x1024 just to see the RSTuner stuff! but nevermind :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im also running with:

grn_6400_2A07_WEB_RON98.rst
6400_2A07_WEB_RON98.cal

All good tbh :)

Welcome to the L4yer
Just a quick update, the idle seems to have sorted itself out. Although had a bit a kangerooing this morning but I can work around that. Filled up with Vpower aswel today. It was to be honest bloody awesome. Has a race with a Toyota Starlet Turbo at Thickthorn roundabout. It beat me but was bloody good fun. The wheels were spinning up in 1st and 2nd upto 60 mph on dry roads, never done that before.

Clio 182
Viper, mine was exactly the same, nearly stalling when coming to a stop, after a few miles the idle is now perfect, no issues at all...
i emailed Henk about this and he said it would take a few miles to sort itself and he was correct!!