ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner

hi all,

ive been talkin with Henk from fastchip regarding buying a RSTuner Kit from him for a bit of remapping, who all has had this done?

wat difference has it made to their car?

is it worth the money?

wats the difference between buying this kit n going to Ktec for their group n remap?

as far as im aware they are the same maps that they supply to ktech, so they would be exactly the same with benefit of basic diagnostics

Henk can make the map to suit your car, u tell him wat ur car has, once u get the software if u send him the logs from the software he can custom the map to suit

Clio 182
I think i'm going to get me on eof these... half the price of a professional remap, and can't be TOO far off in terms of the effect.

Will this using this basically take you to around 195bhp?

Clio 172 Ph1
I bought it few days ago.
And for now i am very satisfied with new map on my 172 ph1. Still have to drive it little more to compare it to old map. But improvement is there. Better throttle response at low revs. And gains are most noticeable at 4000 rpm, car pulls much stronger from there (so there is no more that "big kick" at 5000rpm). Rev limiter is little higher (150-200rpm i think).

And you can change your map whenever you want, + Henk can make custom map if you change something else on your car.

Performance Analyzer is also great feature.

I think i'm going to get me on eof these... half the price of a professional remap, and can't be TOO far off in terms of the effect.

where did you get 195hp from?

coupled with

decat + full stainless
uprated intake
inlets

You may looking at 185-190 then!

I've just got one of these and have loaded Henks new 98ron software - very impressed! The engine just feels so much stronger from low down and still pulls hard at the top end.

Over the weekend I plan to create a log file that I can send Henk so that he can customise the software to my cars mods.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Still not as good as a map suited to your own car and its mods.

Ok if you have basic mods though

Its never going to be a good as a live map no, buts it under half the price..

Get it mate, I have it and the latest config file for my Gr_N map from Henk is great!! Cant fault it at all. Im only running basic mods of cat-back and a filter but defo a noticable improvement over standard. I would suggest running your car on 97RON fuel though as it seems to run much smoother than 95RON.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I've just got one of these and have loaded Henks new 98ron software - very impressed! The engine just feels so much stronger from low down and still pulls hard at the top end.

Over the weekend I plan to create a log file that I can send Henk so that he can customise the software to my cars mods.

Compared with the last map I had back in RsTuner 1.2 the new one that according to the site was uploaded in Feb seems so much better.

The map you can download on the site is perfect for mild mods like mine. If you add Cams etc Henk will need to write you a new one.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Must start saving for this, Really want Cams aswell now so may wait and Buy Cams and get Henk to make me a Custom Map :D

Clio 182

coupled with

decat + full stainless
uprated intake
inlets

I said "around" 195bhp, which is what many tuning sites quote their remaps as when the job is done. Example here http://www.k-tecracing.com/chip_tuning.asp

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I really wanna get my car on a RR to see what difference this has made tbh coz it feels noticable under my foot thats for sure!

Probably need cams for 195bhp? Thats only juding from the GDI site and quoted increases from their packages.

titanium 182,
i have now got the new map on mine and i can honestly say it has brightened it up no end, that bog down feeling you get at 2.5 to 4.5k has improved so much it makes it so much more pleasurable to drive im very pleased with the results it might not add hundreds of bhp but it certainly gives you more response and makes for much better effort free progress
and that with henks excellent help and patience in my book is a winner
coupled with diagnostic's and the option to update your map your crazzy not to if you like tinkering :)

You havnt been around here long, research what others have said on here first (professional tuners) K-tech tend to lie about a few things like that. Dont believe everything you read. It aint gunna make 195hp or around without lumpy camshafts as said above.

Edit: thats PS not HP still not that accurate though.

coupled with

decat + full stainless
uprated intake
inlets

I said "around" 195bhp, which is what many tuning sites quote their remaps as when the job is done. Example here http://www.k-tecracing.com/chip_tuning.asp

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
Also spoke to Henk and should be getting one of these soon. Fair enough it wont be as good as a full-remap on a RR but for the price of these its great. Especially if you only have a few mods...

53' 172 Cup
iv got this kit also, and have seen that there is a new update for the RS Tuner (1.51). when i follow the link on the site to download it gives me
"R Tuner" 1.51.....not "RS Tuner" 1.51..??? is this the right thing or not?

Ph1
Henk can make the map to suit your car, u tell him wat ur car has, once u get the software if u send him the logs from the software he can custom the map to suit

Thats all good but he dosent know where my cars running lean / rich on the map, where the power band is, what general state the engines is in etc etc

Good value for money maybe but on a high to mid spec engine mmmm.......

Well said Andy, I personally wouldn't use it on a cammed car but I think it would be fine in a mildly modifed car.

Edit: In all fairness he does have maps for cams then you can send across the data logs for him toinvestigate and modifiy, they may be okay after some tweaking!

Last edited:

Thats all good but he dosent know where my cars running lean / rich on the map, where the power band is, what general state the engines is in etc etc

Yes he does, as the software has a datalogging facility, you drive the car and send Henk the log file, which he uses to make a custom .cal software for your car & mods.

I think I may have to get one of these... can you just keep remapping your car when u add more modifications? What about cams?

Can someone post the link to where u can buy it from pelase?

I think I may have to get one of these... can you just keep remapping your car when u add more modifications? What about cams?

With this package you can program your ECU as many times as you like.

Henk has remapped cars with cams before, the link is here; www.fastchip.nl

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Also as said above really, you get what you pay for, this RSTuner is a great piece of kit for midly tuned/cammed cars but if you have a really highly modifed car you might want for your piece of mind more than anything else really get it live mapped. I think Henk would do this for you but you would have to travel over to nl :)

well u obviously dnt know that much about it then so u shud keep your opinions to yourself

With this package you can program your ECU as many times as you like.

Henk has remapped cars with cams before, the link is here; www.fastchip.nl

Im just worried ill mess it up, he can take into accout, cats, inlets, induction, exhausts etc and whats the maximum the rev limit can be set at?

Also as said above really, you get what you pay for, this RSTuner is a great piece of kit for midly tuned/cammed cars but if you have a really highly modifed car you might want for your piece of mind more than anything else really get it live mapped. I think Henk would do this for you but you would have to travel over to nl :)

To be honest I think that with any thing more than mild cams you will reach the limits of the std ECU and will need to upgrade to a new mangement system anyway?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
So is it generic or custom.,,, or can be both ?? :S

Yes both. There are generic maps on the site you can download which are good for any mild modded car like mine (catback/filter/de-cat). But Henk can also many up custom maps if required like he has for other customers at no extra cost as far as im aware. I think hes mad to do the custom maps for free though!

To be honest I think that with any thing more than mild cams you will reach the limits of the std ECU and will need to upgrade to a new mangement system anyway?

Yes thats true!