ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
There is nothing to clear up about the product mate, this post is just a mess. Im sure he will post up in due course anyway :) I can answer most questions if you need to know anything.

Ph1
Seems too good to be true. Cheap to buy, plug in, down load and your away.

Spoke to a well known Saxo tuner while getting the car RR'd a while back and got talking about mapping and he was saying how to 100% truely map a car proper it would take days and days of setting, tweeking and rolling road time something of which just wouldnt be cost effective to do unless your into some sort of serious racing.

Would be interesting to know the views on this kit by folk who map cars for a living to see what they make of it.

Sounds a amazing piece of kit and the guy knowns his s**t but still wouldnt be sure about using this kit on my own motor.

titanium 182,
Seems too good to be true. Cheap to buy, plug in, down load and your away.

Spoke to a well known Saxo tuner while getting the car RR'd a while back and got talking about mapping and he was saying how to 100% truely map a car proper it would take days and days of setting, tweeking and rolling road time something of which just wouldnt be cost effective to do unless your into some sort of serious racing.

Would be interesting to know the views on this kit by folk who map cars for a living to see what they make of it.

Sounds a amazing piece of kit and the guy knowns his s**t but still wouldnt be sure about using this kit on my own motor.
so basically what your saying is that most tuners that charge 300 odd sheetes to spend ten mins mapping the average joes car are now mightly pissed ;)

The story I heard, and I don't know if it is indeed true or not goes that in fact it was Henk that was p1ssed off with other companies using his maps that he brought this product out to under cut them?

The story I heard, and I don't know if it is indeed true or not goes that in fact it was Henk that was p1ssed off with other companies using his maps that he brought this product out to under cut them?

I think there may be some truth there. Fair play to him I say, alot of companies do use his maps. Wheather they have permission is a different thing though!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
End of the day, the maps u can download from the site to use the standard rs tuner kit that I have cost under £150 and are the same if not better than the Group N maps that the tuners sell for £300 fitted. Of course they are going to be pissed and I dont see what Andys problem is, there are so many people on here that have RsTuner and are happy with it.

Ph1
End of the day, the maps u can download from the site to use the standard rs tuner kit that I have cost under £150 and are the same if not better than the Group N maps that the tuners sell for £300 fitted. Of course they are going to be pissed and I dont see what Andys problem is, there are so many people on here that have RsTuner and are happy with it.

Point taken

Its just when youve spent thousands on cams, headwork inlets etc etc etc etc you need to know you can put trust in what is a very important final product.

With a IK and zorst, theres a cushion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman
So is it generic or custom.,,, or can be both ??

Yes both. There are generic maps on the site you can download which are good for any mild modded car like mine (catback/filter/de-cat). But Henk can also many up custom maps if required like he has for other customers at no extra cost as far as im aware. I think hes mad to do the custom maps for free though!
henk told me that it was 75 euro for custom mapping ?????

53' 172 Cup
yeh he has told me it is 50euros to do custom map. btw i just went out and used the data logger to see power and torque values - they seemed to be a bit vague ie. in 5th gear from around 1500rpm with WOT the torqu figure was 360Nm....this cannot be right. however i got some more believable figure in 3rd gear @ 100% throttle - 124kW, 196Nm Torque. have a look:

rstuner.jpg

Megane 2 GT 165
Looks good Ed,

I think the program is made to make a performance run in 3th gear as it uses speed/rpm/weight and some more info that is given by the ECU.

Would like to see a graph from 1500 - 2000 rpm to 7000 rpm aswell :) But you car seems healty (what mod do you have?)

You can send you data you logged from a run to Henk, so he can make some changes to the .cal file you upload to the ECU. The map will be specific for you can then as he can sett all kind of things like ignition timing and more. (he did it in my car while I was making a few runs, but I don't really got what he was doing, was way above my head)

53' 172 Cup
yeh, im sure that it isnt far off...(altho 125kw only equates to around 168hp). Iv only got very light breathing mods mate; panel filter w/CAF, cat back stainless system and a grp N (generic) map. it is just good fun to use and obviously shouldnt be thort of as a professional piece of engine management programming software. ppl should no that to remap a car from scratch with an omex or motec ecu (which will have a ton more load sites than the standard ecu i would imagine) can take a week easily. most tuning companies will look at the power/torque curve and concentrate their efforts in the areas which will be used the most ie.for racing; high throttle position, mid-high engine speeds. in order to get a good map more sites need to be mapped individually which is wot takes time. for a road car like these the a TP and lower revs are generally used more -makes sense to hav it running smoother in the areas of the curve you are going to use most.!

RS RIP
never going to get you 195, with cams yes

just got off the rollers two hours ago with one of Henk's maps and it showed my cup at 160,4 hp at the front wheels , which should come around to 185 at the fly

Megane 2 GT 165
Well the Renault Clio's RS 172/182 are known to produce less power then quoted. Yours seem to make that with "only" a panel filter, exhaust and remap (generic). Which are quit common mods.

I haven't got a RR or performance run (like you), but I doubt I get 124kW (that's what's quoted in holland), if they performe less when standard.

I only have a panel-filter and a remap. (and a self flowed manifold)

What did you have done to you car Frank? I know you have a sportcat and cat-back right?

Megane 2 GT 165
I don't think a car with those mods will have 125kW at the wheels. The engine will deliver 125kW from crank-shaft is my guess

Megane 2 GT 165
I might see the fault here.

It's a 172 cup that has low weight and I read 1260 car weight in the graph. Should be more like 1100 with driver I think.

Then the power output will be much lower

Do not look at the peak values but look at the graph instead.
It shows 120 kW.
RST PA is very accurate but you MUST enter the correct vehicle weight and certain outside conditions must be met.

The following conditions will help the PA to produce the most accurate performance results.
· Correct total vehicle weight including fluids and driver weight.
· Flat road surface.
· No or little outside wind.

The vehicle weight specified should be the current weight of the vehicle at the time of the test. Including, number of occupants, fuel tank level, any items being carried in the car.
Underestimating the vehicle weight will produce lower performance figures. Overestimating the vehicle weight will do the opposite.

Aerodynamics

PA takes into account aerodynamic drag when calculating engine performance. Vehicle drag co-efficient and frontal area are the parameters required to calculate power lost to aerodynamic drag. These parameters are known by RSTuner after connection to the vehicle.

How does the PA compare to a chassis dynamometer

PA gives real world performance figures in power at the wheels. Not a single correction is made during calculation of the result. This is the power that the vehicle is putting down onto the road, plain & simple.
Every chassis dynamometer is different with different cooling setups. Therefore results will vary amongst different dyno’s.

NOTE: PA results are influenced by outside conditions like wind and road surface.

53' 172 Cup
I might see the fault here.

It's a 172 cup that has low weight and I read 1260 car weight in the graph. Should be more like 1100 with driver I think.

Then the power output will be much lower

i put in this weight for a reason....i was driving with a passenger and a full tank of fuel.

RenaultSport clio 182
Received my RS tuner the otherday, after some help from Henk who was very helpful got it all up and running. Updated my software from version 8000 to the 8100 .rst file on the site and also the .cal file for the 8100 software. I have noticed quite a difference in performance, pulling much better in all gears and much smoother idle. My car isn't modded apart from a sports cat and ITG panel filter. I would highly recommend this product, also the live data you can look at from the engine is both interesting and im sure useful should you have engine problems.